I know one thing, I will NOT be selling on FEEbay again

beat_truck

Addicted Member
I listed one item for sale, which didn't sell the first time, or the second time when I relisted it. Today, I get an invoice for $46! What the hell? For an item that didn't even sell.o_O I thought that I would only get bled if the item actually sold.:mad:

So much for all their sales pitches and incentives stating "free listing for up to xx number of items".

From now on, I'll stick to being a buyer only and take my chances selling on CL.

always says free here if i want to sell anything and it doesn't sell . then i get a fee to pay . plus the hassle of shipping .. local always best for me unless buying .

I'm sure I can list more times..... and pay through the nose every time.

I don't know what you where doing but those listing fees seem very high.
If it was worth anything and you listed a auction you must have had the opening bid and shipping cost combined for more than it was worth.

Now you'v been here for 7 years, why are you not a subscriber for $25 a year and sell your extra things here?

You almost spent two years worth of sub money on isting a item for two weeks. Good thing it didn't sell and you had to pay 13% to ebay and paypal.

I don't know what you where doing but those listing fees seem very high.
If it was worth anything and you listed a auction you must have had the opening bid and shipping cost combined for more than it was worth.

Now you'v been here for 7 years, why are you not a subscriber for $25 a year and sell your extra things here?

You almost spent two years worth of sub money on isting a item for two weeks. Good thing it didn't sell and you had to pay 13% to ebay and paypal.
It was for a rotted out Ford Escape in the Parts Vehicle category. Opening bid $0.99. $650 reserve and BIN $850 in the first listing and then $500 reserve and $600 BIN the second time around. No shipping costs. It was pickup only.

I don't think anyone in Barter Town wants a rust bucket Ford Escape.:rolleyes:

According to their rules, if you have ever sold more than 7 things in a single year, you are considered a high volume seller and pay the appropriate fees.

According to their rules, if you have ever sold more than 7 things in a single year, you are considered a high volume seller and pay the appropriate fees.
That won't apply to me. I don't think I've sold more than 7 items in the ~18 years I've used Ebay. Buying is a whole 'nother story, though.:D

Check, but I think the fee's kick in because you added a BIN
Maybe so, but I won't be selling on there again, regardless. Too many fees, and from what I've read, it is too easy for the seller to get screwed because ebay pretty much aways automatically sides with the buyer. I don't need those hassles.

good to know

Does that mean that if I sold more than 7 items in a year...10 years ago, that I would be paying higher fees on a single item (in a year) sold now?

good to know

Does that mean that if I sold more than 7 items in a year...10 years ago, that I would be paying higher fees on a single item (in a year) sold now?
I think it only applies to auto sales, but any previous sales can affect it.

It was for a rotted out Ford Escape in the Parts Vehicle category. Opening bid $0.99. $650 reserve and BIN $850 in the first listing and then $500 reserve and $600 BIN the second time around. No shipping costs. It was pickup only.

I don't think anyone in Barter Town wants a rust bucket Ford Escape.:rolleyes:
Everything you did was a fee based sale. I am certain you ok'd it all before completing the ad. What did you think was going to happen??

I advertise for free up to 50 ads and pay a final value fee when things sell. I sell some things just to cover the fees. Mostly garage sale junk if I think it will sell.

Ebay / paypal fees are damn close to 20% now. I could almost stomach the fees but the terrible rules which favor the buyer ruins the experience. Ebay / paypal was built by the hobby enthusiasts, pickers, and collectors. They need to remember who their core constituency is. They will never be Amazon.

I advertise for free up to 50 ads and pay a final value fee when things sell. I sell some things just to cover the fees. Mostly garage sale junk .
If you read the rules, it says that 7 sales of any type in one year will make you a "high volume" seller , affecting any auto sales.

Ebay / paypal fees are damn close to 20% now. I could almost stomach the fees but the terrible rules which favor the buyer ruins the experience. Ebay / paypal was built by the hobby enthusiasts, pickers, and collectors. They need to remember who their core constituency is. They will never be Amazon.

I agree the cost is getting ridiculous. I have been selling there since the 1990's. We built them.

Everything you did was a fee based sale. I am certain you ok'd it all before completing the ad. What did you think was going to happen??
Well, there was no sale in the first place. I thought I'd get charged only If the item sold. Otherwise I wouldn't have OK'd it. I would have told them to go pound salt and not created the listing.

Back
Top Bottom