What is the most prone to flame wars topic?

What is the most prone to flame wars topic? Vote here!

• Digital vs analog

• Streaming vs physical

• Moving magnet vs moving coil

• Direct drive vs belt drive

• Cables make a difference vs all cables sound the same

• Technics Sl-1200 mk2 vs anything else

• Tubes vs solid state

• Specs vs subjective experience

• Other. Write your answer in the comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
Instinctively, I voted for the SL-1200 fundamentalist fanatic assertive mob claiming that it's the panacea against anything else. Since my trauma through confrontation as an ex-converted in such discussions is still vivid. Have wounds to prove it. Need I say more ?

But indeed the "give more cheap end cable to the people" crew attempting at all time to ruin any notion on sonic benefit for those with higher-end cables can prove also very insisting in never ending technical in physics threads with graphics or kids drawings...

Last edited:
"Led Zeppelin ripped off the blues guys". "Without Syd, PF became bloated and plodding". "Bands I don't get" (this thread may still be alive, merely dormant).

We've never gotten the whole story ...

SpeedyGrossAndeancockoftherock.gif

Transistors versus tubes. Gold versus fiat. Oil versus.... ahh... versus long cold winters and long hot summers. All that aside... cables and interconnects beat all with TT drive systems and subjective versus specs running a distant second followed by digital versus analogue.

chopping the pot among the final 2-4 players in a Texas Hold 'em tournament vs playing the game out to one winner (my position is the latter)

Ginger vs Mary Ann

and in the audio world...
all amps sound the same
and
vintage vs modern
and
the human ear is able to detect nuances in sound that modern lab instruments can not measure

Last edited:
Fresh idea here. ..... satellite radio.
I find those who subscribe,

cannot hear all the defects,

of those streaming a playlist, claim to hear.

Vivid imagination.

In the Music Forums, topics addressing the "best X" (geetarist, singer, etc.) often explode.

Back
Top Bottom