CR -1020 score! Pair with a PX-3?

Tensepian

Hey all, scored this ridiculously minty(there isn’t even a speck of dust inside it!) CR-1020 at the local thrift for $25 this weekend. It is a thing of beauty!

Anybody running a full vintage Yammy system? ‘Cause i have a bead on a local PX-3(at a more appropriate/expected price). But my current tt is a Sanyo Plus Q50, which happens to match the 1020 aesthetically. Any great advantage or remarkable synergistic results from pairing the Yamaha pieces?

Anyone have Q50 to PX-3 comparison experience??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 37
No Q50 experience although I do have a Sanyo Plus 55 pre.No PX3 experience either but you scored on that 1020.:thumbsup:

The c55? Is it silver or black? I have the black t35 tuner, any interest?
Its black.I found this at a thrift.It was there with the T35 tuner @$19.99 each but only had $50 on me so I chose to leave the tuner in order to get a Marantz 2215b receiver that was also there.I knew I could flip the Marantz and I actually traded the Marantz for a Yamaha M50 amp which I use with the Sanyo plus pre.I really have no interest in separate tuners anymore.I used to and had quite a few nice ones but sold all off except one.Thanks anyway.

I don’t have the Q50, but have heard it before. I think the PX3 is in another league. First, the PX3 is a linear tracking turntable and weighs 4 Kg more than the Sanyo. It is a precision instrument of beauty in action. It is also quite complicated.

I would say it all depends on how much you like Linear tracking turntables. I’ve had the Technics SL10, Pioneer PL-L1000, Mitsubishi, Pioneer PL-L800, B&O 4002, and a few others. The PX3 is still working reliably, sounds great, uses regular cartridges, and is one of my three tables in regular use, and the only ltt I’m still using. My other two are a Thorens TD-160 and a Sony PS-X600. The 4002 is on a shelf right now waiting for me to look at it.

Also, make sure it is working properly and ask about service history. That might make a difference in your decision.

Back
Top Bottom