Linn Sondek, AR10, Elac 770++ I've got a really good mate

thomo57

l feel as if I'm constantly posting about my mate and the good stuff he finds for me
A good mate of mine advertises for records and if they have audio gear he gives them my name.
A couple of days ago l got a phone call from a guy who said he got my number from a mate of mine.
He rattled off some of the pieces that he had and my heart started beating quickly.
I told him l would have to ring him the next day and organise a time as l was busy.
I rang my mate who didn't recall the guy straight off because he had seen this guy probably 12 months ago and it wasn't until l explained where he lived he remembered.
Any way l organise for myself and my mate to turn up yesterday and have a look.
What we came away with all that he had as he wanted it all gone.
I have to sell a few pieces to compensate my mate and recoup some dollars
Some of the items listed below with photos

Linn Sondek LP12 the platter was seized but it was only gummed up and an hour or so of work had the well cleaned out and oiled up.(Original box) Supex smm/e cartridge

Elac Miracord 770 with Sumiko Talisman moving coil cart

AR10 Pi speakers complete with grills and stands ,beautiful condition

Realistic SA 1001 integrated amp, working and listening to it now on the AR's,( Original box)

Some Naim pieces, power amp pre amp and another which is black and some sort of pre amp??

Sansui stereo tuner TU7700 (original box)

Realistic TR 3000 reel to reel, original box
Realistic SCT metal cassette deck(original box)

Aiwa AD 6500 cassette deck

AMC CD player CD9

Marant system-receiver sr340, cassette deck 242, turntable tt 140

A Nippergram

Small Visonik David 500 speakers

IMG_7927.JPG IMG_7928.JPG IMG_7930.JPG IMG_7931.JPG IMG_7932.JPG IMG_7935.JPG IMG_7936.JPG IMG_7937.JPG IMG_7943.JPG IMG_7944.JPG

You got a good friend.
One of the record store I go to, gets nice gear all the time. People who generally have a lot of records also want to get rid of the equipment.

Sumiko Talisman moving coil cart

Ok what does this cart look like? Gold? Black? Billet Aluminum?
This could be a lot of your money back, or a great cart for yourself.

You got a good friend.
One of the record store I go to, gets nice gear all the time. People who generally have a lot of records also want to get rid of the equipment.

Ok what does this cart look like? Gold? Black? Billet Aluminum?
This could be a lot of your money back, or a great cart for yourself.

Black
Yes he's a good mate and has no real obsession with audio gear even though he buys records.

wow what a lovely score, I reckon the original system was the Naim amps, Linn tt and maybe the AR speakers but i'd be inclined to say the owner probably had some british speakers and the AR's were part of the Realistic/Elac system, who knows? The Naim box looks like an external power supply, class stuff.

Also a small pair of Visonik David speakers which I'd just dismissed as nothing special but after a look on the internet l will have to hook them up

Back
Top Bottom