Loud music & pets

I have 2 red nose pitbulls and a blue nose,it's like they are deaf or they just don't care about my music when I blast it! I notice they hear "Dinner Time!" loud and clear :biggrin:

As long as they are free to leave when you crank it, I think they'll be OK.

Our dogs usually enjoy listening, but if it gets too loud or frantic they'll wander off elsewhere.

My friend's Malamute would pay no attention to the stereo, it seemed. Until he put on a record of whale songs. Everybody watched as Nike checked out all sides of each speaker, going back and forth with intense interest, as if they had suddenly been filled with freshly-cooked hamburgers!

The cat doesn't seem to mind too much, he can come and go as he pleases. The tarantula usually comes out of his hidey hole to check out whats going on:eek::)

Our cat when much younger regularly jumped onto my lap and faced forward perking his ears directing his attention from one speaker to the other for a little while and then jump off and go his way

George the cat doesn't seem to care. He followed me out the the garage the other day. I fired up the dust collector, shop vac, and, finally, the radial arm saw to cut some 2x4. I'm wearing hearing protection for obvious reasons. I finish the cut and turn around and there is George about 6 ft away...just watching. However, the little hand-held Dyson V6 vac will send him on his way.

Reactions: MKG
The dog is my wife's shadow, always by her side.
When SHE leaves the room because of the volume, he follows.

I also love it when animals react to recorded sounds in songs. It's hysterical.
My cat goes nuts with side one of the Faust Tapes.
Climbs the speaker looking for something?!

My black lab (RIP) used to be fine with loud analog, but would go scratch at the back door to get out if I turned up a CD. I saw that as confirmation of my preference from superior ears.
LOL. I have to say that is probably the most original argument for the Analogers vs the digitizers!! Tell me....did you try making a good copy of the same music he liked onto a CD, and played it for him at the same volume?? :) I think you will find his superior ears will still be happy!

At lower levels, my dog is a dog. Higher levels, she goes in the other room. Listening to Jerry Lee Lewis, she gets a little agitated.

Semi loud makes my cat leave the room. So I respect that and keep the volume at a minimum when she's in the room

Last edited:
Seems like the consensus is that if it’s hurting them they’ll either react or leave the room. Makes sense, thank you all for your responses. :)

This is the look I get when I turn it down too far or turn it off:

2016%20Luci%2002_zpsnxiykvgv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom