Speakers speakers and more speakers.

Moth R. Superior

Over the past couple of weeks I've had very good luck with speakers. First off, I found a pair of Realistic Mach ones, gave 'em a shot ($40, couldn't say no) and they were alright.
Party speakers for sure. Glad to have 'em in my collection.
Second, I grabbed a pair of Janszen Z2- CF, my first electrostats! I love them!
Couldn't beat the price either!
I am a big fan of DLK gear and I've heard that the cabs are (were) made by Domus. They look like it for sure! Big CRAZY x-o in these!
Third, I came across a pair of Ohm C2's. WOW. These impressed me right away. First of all, they're MINT (sans foams) Does anybody have any info on what kind of foams I should buy for these? Do I put them in upside down?
And lastly, yesterday at the thrift I grabbed a set of Infinity RS 3000. In need of foams, but no problem. These are the ones I'll probably flip.
All together, I spent under $400
Others I've been looking at grabbing lately: Allison CD-7, ADS 1290, and JBL S109 Aquarious IV.
Opinions? advice (on foaming the Ohms?)
All input is appreciated.
Cheers, -Mike

Last edited:
Over the past couple of weeks I've had very good luck with speakers. First off, I found a pair of Realistic Mach ones, gave 'em a shot ($40, couldn't say no) and they were alright.
Party speakers for sure. Glad to have 'em in my collection.
Second, I grabbed a pair of Janszen Z2- CF, my first electrostats! I love them!
Couldn't beat the price either!
I am a big fan of DLK gear and I've heard that the cabs are (were) made by Domus. They look like it for sure! Big CRAZY x-o in these!
Third, I came across a pair of ohm C2's. WOW. These impressed me right away. First of all, they're MINT (sans foams) Does anybody have any info on what kind of foams I should buy for these? Do I put them in upside down?
And lastly, yesterday at the thrift I grabbed a set of Infinity RS 3000. In need of foams, but no problem. These are the ones I'll probably flip.
All together, I spent under $400
Opinions? advice (on foaming the Ohms?)
All input is appreciated.
Cheers, -Mike
If you search my history from about two three months ago I did a whole ride up on my ohm C2 and yes I did reverse the foams like Factory. . And removed the old hard Greese from inside the voice coil and it's not ferrofluid Grease so be forewarned and removal of the original dust cap with the ohm logo is as easy as using a hair dryer and flat blade screwdriver to remove the original cap so It can be reused again

I have the JBL S109 Aquarius IVs in walnut. I use them as surround speakers in my 4 speaker, 2 channel system. Its quite the soundstage. They will have surround issues with their single LE8T-2 driver, but if the voice coils are OK, most any reliable reconer can fix it.

Nice finds! Those Infinities May surprise you, I had Crescendo CS-3007s for a long time, and I’d still have them if I had enough power. Foam is easy, find the measurements of the originals and buy generic replacements of the same size, or you can probably find a kit for the Infinities and Ohms.

Nice finds! Those Infinities May surprise you, I had Crescendo CS-3007s for a long time, and I’d still have them if I had enough power. Foam is easy, find the measurements of the originals and buy generic replacements of the same size, or you can probably find a kit for the Infinities and Ohms.

Thanks Mlistens03!
I've got the foams for the Infinity's taken care of (I had to get gaskets as well). I'm going to get a hold of looneytunes about the foams for the Ohms (those are the inverted ones).

I am beyond in love with these Janszens. As i said, they are my first electrostatic speakers.
Is this what to expect from others? Like say, the SAE Mark VII? (they've much smaller tweeters)

s-l1000.jpg

FYI - DLK speaker cabinets were manufactured in house. Article in Star-Tribune with story/pics of the manufacturing process.

Back
Top Bottom