Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

So I started getting horrible noise in both my headphones and speakers. I have my power fed through a UPS with a 60hz sine wave conversion (for the computer PSU). I moved the power input around. To a separate outlet, etc. I figure it must be something on this circuit as all the outlets I tested were on the same breaker. I figured it had to be some ground loop or such because removing the inputs from the amp gave me a clean "normal tube hum". I verified this by taking another power cable and removing the ground pin.

So, we have a new house, like built in 2017 new. I'm not dealing with ancient wiring. Is there something I should be looking into to figure this out (I'd like to have the ground hooked up)? Is it possible that there is an outlet on the circuit that has common and neutral swapped? Obviously, ground getting in the wrong spot would be fairly obvious. Is it bad to have the ground plug removed on the amp?

Been hot this summer. Enjoying a quiet night blowing the dust off my MP301 MK3 now that it’s not super hot in my finished loft.

(LG V20 w/ Google Camera port).

E9473C45-2454-45FA-BF05-8DD9A53DDB6C.jpeg

Wondering if anyone picked up the newest version of this amp. There were some slight changes made. Of the many integrated amps I have listened to, the 301 tops them all. Love it with the KT77s.

Wondering if anyone picked up the newest version of this amp. There were some slight changes made. Of the many integrated amps I have listened to, the 301 tops them all. Love it with the KT77s.

I got mine back in early August so I believe it is the latest 2018 deluxe version. I've been really enjoying it. I've been running the KT88's on the power side and KENRAD 6SH7 on the preamp. I have a set of Shuguang 6J8P that I've tried for a bit. I prefer the KENRAD's. Really like the feel of the switches and the volume knob. The power button also feels very solid. I move a lot between two different inputs and from speakers and phones. The switches have felt like they've broken in some but I have faith that they'll stay nice for a good amount of time.

I recently started researching some new tubes to roll. I'm trying to find some that will fill out a little better on the bass. The combo that I have is bright. I've been thinking of the GL KT-77's and maybe the GL 12AX7's. IDK at the moment.

Overall very happy with the setup. Outside of needing new cans do to my 990's being low impedance I've been in audio bliss.

I want to keep this thread going and hear some more opinions. A guy I know who builds TPA 3118 amps really thinks I would be happy with this set amp due to I have 97db efficient ZU Audio Speakers.

Hey guys, I got a pair of GL 12AX7's for the pre-amp. They're a different pin-out. Didn't realize that when I put them on the wishlist for Christmas. Anyhow, I looked through eBay for those adapters listed some posts back. I ordered an adapter EF86/Z729 on top to 6SJ7/6J8P on bottom. The adapters got here and I snapped the GL's in and then put them into the pre-amp spots. No go. Got no sound or glow. What did I screw up?! I popped my kenrad's back in and things sound good again (got a set of GL KT77's to try and had hoped to pair them with the 12AX7's).

Hey guys, I got a pair of GL 12AX7's for the pre-amp. They're a different pin-out. Didn't realize that when I put them on the wishlist for Christmas. Anyhow, I looked through eBay for those adapters listed some posts back. I ordered an adapter EF86/Z729 on top to 6SJ7/6J8P on bottom. The adapters got here and I snapped the GL's in and then put them into the pre-amp spots. No go. Got no sound or glow. What did I screw up?! I popped my kenrad's back in and things sound good again (got a set of GL KT77's to try and had hoped to pair them with the 12AX7's).

12AX7's don't work on this amp. EF86 tubes work with the adapter.

Did you look at a picture of the amp and read the description before you bought it? I'm not sure how you did this but jeez, man. Right on the MP page it tells you what tubes it can use. And just by looking at it you can tell which ones go in front versus the output tubes in the back.

Did you look at a picture of the amp and read the description before you bought it? I'm not sure how you did this but jeez, man. Right on the MP page it tells you what tubes it can use. And just by looking at it you can tell which ones go in front versus the output tubes in the back.
Ya, ya, ya. I read the manual before and after I bought it. After seeing someone here with a EF86 adapter in the preamp I thought it would work. So I tried it. It didn't work and now I'm more wise for it. I mentioned getting them some posts back and no one said a thing.

Back
Top Bottom