Playwright Neil Simon has Passed Away

One of the most influential playwrights of the second half of the twentieth century.

RIP.

I enjoyed some of his work, my personal favourites being Barefoot In The Park (1963) and The Odd Couple (1965), each of which enjoyed wonderful film adaptations and one, i.e., The Odd Couple, as a television series that ran for five (5) years during the Seventies.

If you go waaaaay back, I was also fond of the series The Phil Silvers Show (1955-1959), which I saw in the form of reruns that were aired during the mid 1960s, usually under the title Sergeant Bilko.

If you go waaaaay back, I was also fond of the series The Phil Silvers Show (1955-1959), which I saw in the form of reruns that were aired during the mid 1960s, usually under the title Sergeant Bilko.
I had no idea he wrote for Phil Silvers. Go figure.

"The Odd Couple" was a classic movie and the series with Jack Klugman and Tony Randall was also one of the better ones on television.

My favorite movie penned by Neil Simon was The Goodbye Girl,my introduction to actor Richard Dreyfuss. R.I.P. and thanks for the entertainment you provided us.

Back
Top Bottom