What Bluetooth DACs is everybody using.

RamblinE

(╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻
I’m basically asking “hey what’s the least worst compromise that works for everybody?” A network player is not an option as all my gear is in a finished loft and the internet was installed in the basement. Previous attempts with a Chrome Cast Audio I’ve had since my last place we’re hit or miss. The Audioengine B1 looks pretty good. I’ve had the D1 USB DAC since launch and it’s been a good device. But the B1 is $189.

What else is out there?

I have BT with aptx on a couple of devices, a tpa3116 chip amp from Grace Digital and an Arcam irdac-ii dac/hp amp. My phone and tablet support aptX.

I don't use it. in both cases, I find that a minijack works as well as BT works at its best, and that BT often falls back to non-aptX communication.

I knew going into the irdac that BT would be at most a curiosity. I was disappointed with the TPA amp but now use an old WD TV Live Plus as a upnp renderer to feed the chip amp over the minijack.

I do have network cable run throughout the house, though.

I’m basically asking “hey what’s the least worst compromise that works for everybody?” A network player is not an option as all my gear is in a finished loft and the internet was installed in the basement. Previous attempts with a Chrome Cast Audio I’ve had since my last place we’re hit or miss. The Audioengine B1 looks pretty good. I’ve had the D1 USB DAC since launch and it’s been a good device. But the B1 is $189.

What else is out there?
I'm pretty satisfied with my SMSL Sanskrit Pro-B.

Another happy user of the S.M.S.L Sanskrit PRO-B here. Fantastic for DSD playback over USB or Bluetooth for a phone. I use mine at work with a Darkvoice 336SE headphone amp and AKG K712 Pro headphones. Wonderful combination. :)

It was a bit of a pain getting it working on Windows 7 (driver wouldn't install). I ended up installing the C-Media interface driver rather than the Sanskrit driver and using ASIO4ALL to upsample content to DSD. Necessary for DSD as Windows 7 doesn't support higher than 192k.

Back
Top Bottom