Help Identifying these JBL speakers

Sorry, no JBL like that ever, let alone from 1978. Stamped frame woofer, JBL never used double midranges (although these look like halfway decent mids) and JBL never used an EV-esque wide small horn tweeter like that pictured.

Sorry, no JBL like that ever, let alone from 1978. Stamped frame woofer, JBL never used double midranges (although these look like halfway decent mids) and JBL never used an EV-esque wide small horn tweeter like that pictured.

Ok so the seller gave me a little more info. He says that they are JBL speakers in acousti-craft walnut cabinets.

Have been dealing with JBL since the early 60's and though we weren't dealers the entire time and I mostly dealt with the professional line; I have never seen a JBL with a EV t-35/350 tweeter and some generic woofer. Altec did some strange things towards the end, and I fear JBL maybe going down the same road in the future. I hope not.

6DE85CE3-B100-4657-A29C-C0CD08DAEF52.jpeg

Bart, just for fun, here’s one obscure double-midrange JBL (Ti5000, made in Denmark). I’d never seen these until a few days ago. (I guess I’d call them BeoJBLs, with LE14-looking 12” woofers.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I’d looked them up earlier, but didn’t have enough interest to do it a second time. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom