What's Pioneer in your rig?

I run a Pioneer SX-650 into a pair of Advent speakers amplifying a Technics SL-D2 with a Shure MX95E cartridge.
It's enough to fill the downstairs beautifully. My daughter has a Pioneer SX-450 running a pair of Advent Legacy II
speakers. Looking to find a nice, reasonably priced SX-1250 someday. They just look so damned pretty!

2 Pioneers.
1: Elite CLD 95 Laser Disc player(purchased new in 1992)
Nearly 20 years of nearly daily use, never a hiccup, burp, or fart.

1: Mac MLD7020 Laser Disc player( a rebadged & modified by McIntosh) Pioneer Elite CLD 93) purchased used, in excellent condition with OM, unfilled out warranty card, and remote from a seller on eBay 2017 late summer.

The only Pioneers that I`ve recalled owning.

Fixed a few over 42 years of servicing electronic equipment.

OKB

I just acquired a CT-F750 that needs belts. Never done this before, but I think this one is worth the effort.

I have gone on a quadraphonic buying bing lately. Last weekend but picked up three excellent condition Pioneer items.

Bought an Pioneer QX-800A Quad Receiver / Akai 280D-SS Quad Reel to Reel / Pioneer SR-202W reverb amp from the original owner whom bought them in while in the service during Vietnam. All components are in mint condition. Took me a bit to figure out how to connect the reverb amp. Only thing needed was a tiny bit of deoxit and the heads cleaned and sounds awesome. I jumped on these but since they appears to be in excellent condition, which turned out to be a fact. Love owners that take care of their gear!

Then same weekend bought a Pioneer RT-707 reel to reel that was too good deal to pass up on. The guy had started building a pioneer rack collection and figure out it was going to cost him too much to continue to build it. After a little elbow grease, this deck turned out to be in excellent condition also, was just dirty.

My budget is now exhausted, but I'm really happy with these items.

fullsizeoutput_221a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2221.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2225.jpeg

I run a Pioneer SX-650 into a pair of Advent speakers amplifying a Technics SL-D2 with a Shure MX95E cartridge.
It's enough to fill the downstairs beautifully. My daughter has a Pioneer SX-450 running a pair of Advent Legacy II
speakers. Looking to find a nice, reasonably priced SX-1250 someday. They just look so damned pretty!
So cool that you have your daughter on board with the SX-450. Great job passing the passion on to the next generation!

Hi All,
I just bought my first Pioneer receiver and wanted to share.....

I took my Marantz 2285B in for service yesterday and was told it could take as long as 6 weeks. Ugh. My father bought the 2285B new in '78, I've used it since the early 90's and it's never really had any work done other than a deoxit & bulbs job, but it's finally time for a major overhaul.

Fortunately I found this beautiful, fully refurbished SX-950 in the repair shop’s "for sale" section. This should make waiting for the Marantz repairs to be completed far more bearable!

Pioneer_SX-950.jpg

My current rig:
MoFi Ultradeck with Ultratracker > Lounge Audio LCR MKIII (silver upgrade) > Pioneer SX-950 > Wharfedale Denton 80th ann.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I took my Marantz 2285B in for service yesterday and was told it could take as long as 6 weeks. Ugh. My father bought the 2285B new in '78, I've used it since the early 90's and it's never really had any work done other than a deoxit & bulbs job, but it's finally time for a major overhaul.

Fortunately I found this beautiful, fully refurbished SX-950 in the repair shop’s "for sale" section. This should make waiting for the Marantz repairs to be completed far more bearable!

Pioneer_SX-950.jpg

My current rig:
MoFi Ultradeck with Ultratracker > Lounge Audio LCR MKIII (silver upgrade) > Pioneer SX-950 > Wharfedale Denton 80th ann.

Have had Pioneer on and off all my life. Great stuff,lots of good memories. Then I got a free Marantz 4270 that’s lives in my living room. I can relate to above. Have a Marantz 2270 out for a major overhaul. It’s beautiful. Though I wouldn’t turn down a Pioneer 950! Had owned several 850s. Like it’s brother they are a real sweetheart. Enjoy!

Have had Pioneer on and off all my life. Great stuff,lots of good memories. Then I got a free Marantz 4270 that’s lives in my living room. I can relate to above. Have a Marantz 2270 out for a major overhaul. It’s beautiful. Though I wouldn’t turn down a Pioneer 950! Had owned several 850s. Like it’s brother they are a real sweetheart. Enjoy!
Good stuff. Thanks my friend!

Hi All,

Pioneer_SX-950.jpg

My current rig:
I have a Marantz 2020 receiver great sound, but with satellite radio I never listen to FM to many darn commercials.

Back
Top Bottom