Any Audiosource fans here?

Hanleyster

ambitious but rubbish
Just wondering what most people thought of this brand.

I have an AMP TWO with the cool little watt meters and a EQ with really fun lights.

I enjoy how small the amp is, and that it has both auto-on and can be bridged with the flick of a switch.

AudioSource%20Amp%20Two%20Power%20Amplifier.preview.JPG

I have an Amp 300 - dirt cheap on sale at Frys several years ago and despite the spotty reviews due to iffy relability, it's been rock solid for me. I use it to power the front channels of my HT system.

I have an AudioSource Model Amp One/A and really like it. I use it to power the subwoofers in my living room system, crossover supplied by the AVR. Peace and goodwill.

Have an AudioSource EQ100 on my basement workshop system,bought it new back in '04 when I bought the receiver it's connected to (JVC RX-318B) as I was replacing gear I had lost in a fire that year,it's been a reliable unit,though admitedly it has'nt seen a ton of use/abuse,but it does what I want it to,so for the most part I'm happy enough with it.

Dunno if that makes me a fan or not ???

Anyhow JM2¢ ~ FWIW...

Bret P.

Living room system right now has a Nikko beta-40 pre into an Audiosource amp 1/a and an Audiosource EQ 100. I like them very much.

I have an Audiosource amp 100 that I use on one of my computer setups. It's my most used amp .

I'm listening to two AMP 100's that I bridged for 160 wpc. Right now, I have them set up at my mother's house along with a Sansui AU-555A for the pre amp, a HH Scott T527 tuner that I picked up this weekend and a pair of Polk 5b's. The Polks didn't sound that great when just using the 555a, but the two AMP 100's woke them up and they sound very good. They like that power. Picked up the amps last year for $20 a piece. They are 50 wpc 2 channel and 160 watts bridged mono and a whole different sounding animal.

Last edited:
I've got an Amp One/a. It sounds a little dark compared to my other amps. It's very nice to use bridged to power a subwoofer.

Hello all-
I saw this thread and thought I'd post a big shout out to the folks at AudioSource. I have an SS-5 surround processor from AudioSource that I am repairing since it has developed a few issues. I couldn't find a schematic for the unit anywhere, so on a lark I thought I'd just email them and see if they would make one available. I really didn't expect them to reply. Low and behold they sent me one! They were really cool about it and it has been very helpful! I can speak very well of the service at AudioSource!

A true sleeper brand.
I found out they are local up here.
Met an emoloyee.

PNW is a bit whacky, but friendly.

FWIW. I got some home theater gear they made. Serious looking stuff. Pre-amp/amp separates. I haven’t had a chance to try them, just did a DOA test and set them aside.

I have an amp very similar to the OP. Bought it to use when I drag the speakers out on the yard.

Unfortunately it has an intermittent channel drop out issue so it sits on the shelf for now.

I've got a Speakercraft amp which apparently is the same OEM as Audiosource and found the thing is built like a tank. A big toroid and three pairs of outputs that can drive two ohm loads. Pretty impressive for an 80wpc amp.
Sounds nice too though it's a bit bright for my tastes.

I have an amp very similar to the OP. Bought it to use when I drag the speakers out on the yard.

Unfortunately it has an intermittent channel drop out issue so it sits on the shelf for now.

Just to follow up in case any of you AudioSource guys might have a problem.

I had a problem with intermittent channel drop out that was driving me crazy. Before I kicked her the street I thought I’d take one more look.

The intermittent channel drop out was coming from the protection relay.

I had the cover off waiting for the drop out. When the channel dropped out, I tapped the relay pretty hard with a wooden dowel, and presto, the channel was back.

Getting the relay cover off was a challenge, but I was successful without pulling the relay off the board. Ultimately had use the Dremel with a tiny ball mill bit to cut the retaining tab on one side.

Cleaned with Deoxit on cardboard which was not effective. Wet a folded over piece of 600 grit sand paper with Deoxit and gently cleaned.

Unit has been operating all day without any dropouts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom