How do I start streaming music?

Let's help him walk before he runs.

If you read my other posts, I think you'll see I've done just that... I'm just providing a road map of possibilities:

- 3.5mm to RCA cable
- USB cable
- CCA wireless
- wireless end point to USB

The latter should provide the best sound quality using the C47 DAC/amp, using an 'asynchronous' USB transfer protocol.

Last edited:
If you read my other posts, I think you'll see I've done just that... I'm just providing a road map of possibilities:

- 3.5mm to RCA cable
- USB cable
- CCA wireless
- wireless end point to USB

The latter should provide the best sound quality using the C47 DAC/amp, using an 'asynchronous' USB transfer protocol.
I’ve read your prior posts. They have excellent advice. However my take is they are more advanced than what the OP is needing at this stage.

Hmm..my view would be:

Option 1: CCA-> optical cable -> c47 optical, you use the C47 dac

Option 2: CCA -> 3.5 —-RCA —-> c47, you use the CCA built in DAC

Option 1, would be better, as the c47 DAC has to be better than the CCA dac.

The CCA , Chrome cast audio, only has two output option via the same port, 3.5 or optical. In this scenario, using the CCA, I’m not sure where the USB cable would fit.

Now cast music to the CCA, from browser and all is good.

Option 1: CCA-> optical cable -> c47 optical, you use the C47 dac

Yep, this is the route I'll be taking. All I need to do is get the CCA which is about $35 and the optical cable. Then I'll need to either load the program to my PC, or use my wife's Chromebook, or possibly buy a tablet to use as a command center. My boy is pretty tech savvy when it comes to gadgets so when he comes home from Portugal I'll try to wrangle him into setting that part up for me.
You all have been extremely helpful and your efforts are appreciated.

If you play your TV through the stereo, Roku offers several options. Pandora, TuneIn and Accuradio are my main ones. I believe they also offer Spotify and Iheart radio as well.

Of course, if you have a smart TV, some of those apps might be available on it already.

I ended up ordering my CCA from Wallyworld- supposed to arrive today. I'll be using option # 2 since I don't have a separate DAC.
Option #2 is the most straightforward method and delivers excellent results.

Streaming via CCA is my main method of listening to music. I use Tidal, Pandora and occasionally Amazon Prime. Thousands of songs are at your fingertips!

I've got my CCA set up to use Google Play and Spotify so far. Now I need to figure out how to tie in to my iTunes since most of my music files are on there (wish they weren't!)

I've got my CCA set up to use Google Play and Spotify so far. Now I need to figure out how to tie in to my iTunes since most of my music files are on there (wish they weren't!)
I don’t use iTunes so I haven’t researched this. Some quick searching suggests using the Allcast app might support casting from iTunes to CCA.

Once you start down the casting rabbit hole you’ll find many forks in the road! I’ve changed courses several times.

Last time I was in Portugal, I saw a topless babe, caught an octopus, and bought a baseball-sized wad of hash from a German bartender.

I have an SMSL Bluetooth receiver/DAC plugged into my ModWright tube linestage. Better than my slightly more expensive NuForce Bluetooth receiver. Sounds fantastic for what it does and what it costs. I can stream from my Macbook or my iPhone.

I have SXM and Spotify Premium (Family). Big fan of Spotify. SQ is set to "high quality streaming." Spotify is a good value. I'm probably paying too much for SXM on my car, wife's car, and Internet app.

You really need to hear some Floyd on my setup.

Floyd on my setup.

It would have to be on yours. ;)

Is there a list of what is available when I start streaming with the CCA? I got bored fast with Pandora, and am hoping something like the genre-specific online radio stations will be available. I will be purchasing a plan, I'm thinking from Google, since it is a Google product. Hopefully the genres will be narrowed way down and not too general. If I'm in the mood for mid 60's garage music it would be frustrating to wade through a "rock" station playing stuff I've heard a million times. Like Floyd.

Almost all the major streaming services, other than Apple, support Chromecast via their Android and iOS apps. I'm not a Windows user, but I believe most will also support Chromecast from their websites via the chrome browser.

If you go to the direct stream URL in Chrome, a casting icon will show up. For example, click on one of the "direct stream" links here:
https://www.jazzgroove.org/listening-options
Then click on the ... to see the cast icon.

Almost always simpler to do from an app. TuneIn app is a tuner for thousands of web stations.

Also, think about getting a Google Home Mini, which can be set to default its output to your CCA, and brings voice control to Google Music, Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, etc. They always go on sale for Xmas.

Personally, I wouldn't go near an off-brand tablet. Samsung, Google, maybe Amazon, though they're locked down. Some prepaid Android phones work, too, if you can bypass the phone setup.

This one from Wally World is well priced. Minimal specs for a general purpose tablet, but fine for dedicated streaming.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-...14N3PCfHn6AZ_OjJTq-vpiXv1mT6AFHxoCdNkQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom