Yamaha RX-Z1 fan not working

grnninja

I need help with my Yamaha it cuts off every time it's powered on for more than 30 minutes sometimes an hour I'm pretty sure the fan is not turning on I took it apart and got it working again but after an hour it turned off but I've been using it at very low volume settings I haven't tried to use it since cause I'm afraid I'm going to do damage does anybody know how I can get the fan to start working properly again please and thank you for the help in reading this .Yamaha RX-Z1

is it the fan, the thermal sensor, or the receivers OS. The fan can be replaced with a much better unit This apparently is an issue with this AVR the only service manual I can find is in Japanese but it has a diagnostic mode you can go to. Over at the AVSForum they talk about putting the fan into continuous mode. I would suggest you check in there.

I need help with my Yamaha it cuts off every time it's powered on for more than 30 minutes sometimes an hour I'm pretty sure the fan is not turning on I took it apart and got it working again but after an hour it turned off but I've been using it at very low volume settings I haven't tried to use it since cause I'm afraid I'm going to do damage does anybody know how I can get the fan to start working properly again please and thank you for the help in reading this .Yamaha RX-Z1
I have an RX-Z1 and use it for home theater only , my fan rarely turns on. I think you might have something else going on , but what you can do to test it though is to get a fan and run it towards the amp and see if it continues to play , if it still shuts down that should tell you the problem is something else.

Audiofreak71

Back
Top Bottom