Today's JAZZ playlist

View attachment 1280979

I always feel like posting "time out" is really common here but it's really a great album, felt like playing it.

View attachment 1280981

I have an original copy, but I did pick up a new pressing that claimed to be "audiophile" grade...

It's actually a better pressing. Really digging this right now, I think I'll continue with more Brubeck after time out.

Great album! Always I always love to see it here. I actually still have to get a copy. My man @Ilikevinyl gave me a CD copy of his LP, but I'll have to get one of my own one day.

Great album! Always I always love to see it here. I actually still have to get a copy. My man @Ilikevinyl gave me a CD copy of his LP, but I'll have to get one of my own one day.
It's one of those that many would say is overplayed, but it isn't. It deserves to be played as much as ya want to play it!

I've got a 6-eye stereo copy, the Sony SACD, and a couple of needle drops of the mono mix. None of them will be going anywhere.

It's one of those that many would say is overplayed, but it isn't. It deserves to be played as much as ya want to play it!

I've got a 6-eye stereo copy, the Sony SACD, and a couple of needle drops of the mono mix. None of them will be going anywhere.

That's right. It, and any other recording, deserves to be played as many times as you want to play it! If anybody's too "big-time", they need to take a Time Out, Lol!!

Seminal album, and it's a classic for a reason...

BB droid is awesome man, and the best physical AND virtual keyboards in the business. Seriously.

Very clean Droid implementation, almost like the Pixels. Love it.

Eric (Back to Jazz on his day off, Sorry folks for the OT tech segway)

Thanks. You have at least "Keyed' my interest in a KeyONE or TWO or whatever will be available next year. I figure I've got one more year on the BB10 OS and the Passport, then that's it. It is starting to get a tad flaky.

That's right. It, and any other recording, deserves to be played as many times as you want to play it! If anybody's too "big-time", they need to take a Time Out, Lol!!

Seminal album, and it's a classic for a reason...
Exactly.
Most(all?) of us here can dig pretty deep. Which is cool. But if your first thought to thinking about spinning it is some sort of 'jazz snob' feeling, that means it's time to spin it.

I really love going all over the place with my listening, but some days it's just time for a TO, Kind Of Blue, Blue Train, Ah Um, Moanin'........ session.

Weather Report - Black Market
View attachment 1281268

Funny, that's where I was heading too.

Empire888_1.jpg

Weather Man Eric

It's really a great album, I don't have it on CD, but I do have a it on FLAC. The only bad thing is I only have one device that can play FLAC well other than my PC but that's not hooked up the system. I have a Fiio M3, that I can listen to flack on. There is not enough amplification on the player itself for it to sound good via the 3.5mm > the amp. I have it on MP3 as well, and will play it on the iPod to the system every so often. The LP is were its at. :) Id really love to find it on SACD!

"Overplayed" that's the word I was looking for last night. I don't think it is though. I can sit back and enjoy it often, I don't get tied of it. The intro is a bit much if you are not a big jazz fan, I've noticed a few folks cant get past the first few minutes of the clarinet. Once Dave hits that piano its all out the window. Burbeck was a genius.

:)

Thanks. My first Turntable in college. Took very good care of it all these years. Still spins perfectly according to my strobe.

Nice, my 1st table was a Pioneer PL-12D, still have it as well. (mind you I've only had it for 8-10 years not as long as you I'm sure) :) I'm a pioneer nut, have always loved their gear.

You should look into some SX4G's to match that table. ;) some serious fantastic speakers.

Exactly.
Most(all?) of us here can dig pretty deep. Which is cool. But if your first thought to thinking about spinning it is some sort of 'jazz snob' feeling, that means it's time to spin it.

I really love going all over the place with my listening, but some days it's just time for a TO, Kind Of Blue, Blue Train, Ah Um, Moanin'........ session.

And it is a testament, of course, to those recordings you mention, that they have become known amongst a wider audience than some other LPs. It would be great if others were recognized on that wider level as well, because so many deserve to be. But those LPs earned their recognition. I remember once reading Coleman Hawkins talking about how he loved Tchaikovsky, and he said that amongst some people, Tchaikovsky was too popular be considered chic.

Last edited:
"Overplayed" that's the word I was looking for last night. I don't think it is though. I can sit back and enjoy it often, I don't get tied of it. The intro is a bit much if you are not a big jazz fan, I've noticed a few folks cant get past the first few minutes of the clarinet. Once Dave hits that piano its all out the window. Burbeck was a genius.

:)

Well, that would be Paul Desmond on the alto sax. ;) And who are these "folks who can't get past the first few minutes" of "Blue Rondo"? Bring them over here. We have ways and means of persuasion!! :naughty:

Back
Top Bottom