Sony TC-RX55ES

Tiecode

I have a Sony tc-rx55es cassette deck that has a strange problem. All high frequencies are missing on one channel. I have confirmed this by switching the speaker cables and using other devices to verify it is in the cassette. Any one have an idea or two?

Dirty path, bad azimuth, bias current needs to be adjusted. Is this on prerecorded tapes, all tapes, recorded tapes from another deck?

Edit: No bias adjust. Download SM from hifiengine.com 55/55es are the same. Belt might be worn also.

Last edited:
I have a Sony tc-rx55es cassette deck that has a strange problem. All high frequencies are missing on one channel. I have confirmed this by switching the speaker cables and using other devices to verify it is in the cassette. Any one have an idea or two?

Sony cdp-508esd??????????????????

Well I thought it worked. Turning the wrong screw. The service manual doesn't show the location of the azimuth screw. Anyone know?

Sony TC-RX55ES sorry.
You can edit the title. Over on the right above the first post is a Thread Tools, on of those is edit title. Give it a try, you paid for the opportunity with your subscription.

Nice job with the edit. Now this thread doesn't look out of place in the Tape forum.

OK here is the latest. I tried to record with the deck tonight and it sounded worse. Could the tape head be bad?

Yes I did, but it didn't show were the azmuith screw was located. Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I have moved on to another project for now.

Back
Top Bottom