Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

Would you buy Audiokarma Swagger? (hats, T-shirts, mugs etc...)

• Yes

Votes: 80 58.0%
  • No

Votes: 58 42.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until a few years ago this forum was still stuck in the early 2000's... I like it how it is.

Greetings!

is it me, or does the Audiokarma logo seem pretty gothic and edgy. I think we should change the logo and make it look a little more pleasing. No offense to whoever designed it, however we need to get with the times. Back in 2005-2012 this would look great, however it just seems a little tacky to me.

Im just curious if other people have the same thoughts as I do? Im not trying to be mean its just a thought.
I never gave it much thought.

...even though the masthead, on screen, is digital, there are hard-copy documents, like stationery and business cards, that would need to be replaced, if the on-screen graphics were changed. So, it's not free, nor does it conserve resources.

We'll probably keep it as it is, for the foreseeable future.

I was going to say "Think of the cost!", only half jokingly. But here it is, the law of unintended consequences.

I don't see that it is up to members to decide about such issues concerning a privately owned site, but agree that there is nothing wrong with respectfully discussing the concept. Considering that there IS a background cost, and basic membership in the site is cost free, I believe that anyone wanting to discuss such a change needs to start with how it would be funded by the members. Perhaps that is what OP intended with his poll? Since that wasn't stated one can only guess.

For myself, I get along with the current AK masthead just fine. But I AM fairly conservative, and getting to the age where some people might consider me to be old. ;) I have nothing against change for a useful purpose but don't particularly like change just for the sake of change.

I would however gladly buy a Audiokarma themed coffee cup, and I would do so even at a higher than average price if I knew that it went towards maintaining AK. (Heh, heh. I haven't the slightest idea what the average price of a coffee cup is these days.:biggrin: All my coffee cups are old, except for the ones that my children gave me)

Cheers,
James

edit: Come to think of it, I'd probably get more use out of an AK themed beer mug than a coffee cup. After all, I only drink one cup of coffee in the day...

Last edited:
...what you may not realize is that, even though the masthead, on screen, is digital, there are hard-copy documents, like stationery and business cards, that would need to be replaced, if the on-screen graphics were changed. So, it's not free, nor does it conserve resources.

We'll probably keep it as it is, for the foreseeable future.
Moderation Note:

As you can see from the quoted passage, the bottom line has been clearly stated, as well as its rationale. This discussion has reached the point of diminishing returns.

Closed.

Rich P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom