What was the last movie you watched?

Tommy's Honour

This is a well acted drama based around the story of a father and son golfing champion family from St Andrews in Scotland. I'm not a golfer but I appreciate the game. This is a slow paced film but a fine story. Look for it.

lekxijlhva8b6kcfylc-ml.jpg

Ready Player One - kind of a oddball for Speilberg (A movie about videogames and Multiplayer VR)
but - what a great test of my new-to-me JBL B460 subwoofah! ;)

Looks/sounds interesting Theo.
Both Sweet Country and Tommys Honour are good in their different ways. Tommy's Honour is very Scottish, as the subject matter demands. Sean Connery's son Jason directed it. Sweet Country has violence and the panoramic rugged, rugged Aussie desert landscapes. One is based on historical record. The other is fiction not far removed from the mood of the times.

I didn't realise until I watched both movies that Sam Neill was in both movies.

"Performance" (1970) Mick Jagger, Anita Pallenberg, James Fox

British crime drama, in which gangster Chas (Fox) goes on the run after doing an unauthorized hit. He ends up at a rooming house run by burned-out rock star Turner (Jagger), who only rents to bohemian types. Turner lives an open sexual relationship with two beautiful women, and also cultivates psilocybin `shrooms in his garden, and feeds them to his tenants.
After dosing Chas with the drug, they perform a "transformation" ritual for him.
This is quite a bizarre (and intriguing) little film, with a slammin` soundtrack....

"Performance" (1970) Mick Jagger, Anita Pallenberg, James Fox

British crime drama, in which gangster Chas (Fox) goes on the run after doing an unauthorized hit. He ends up at a rooming house run by burned-out rock star Turner (Jagger), who only rents to bohemian types. Turner lives an open sexual relationship with two beautiful women, and also cultivates psilocybin `shrooms in his garden, and feeds them to his tenants.
After dosing Chas with the drug, they perform a "transformation" ritual for him.
This is quite a bizarre (and intriguing) little film, with a slammin` soundtrack....

That is not Keith Richards but Ry Cooder on slide. Cooder was on Sister Morphine as well.

That is not Keith Richards but Ry Cooder on slide. Cooder was on Sister Morphine as well.

Yeah, I was aware of that since the film was first released. The reason for that was because during production of the film, Mick had a little side action going with Anita Pallenberg, who was Keith`s main squeeze at the time. To Mick, it was just a casual fling, but Keith took it far more seriously....

And here I'd long thought it was Mick Taylor, a well-regarded (and rightfully so) slide geetarist in his own right.

I'll have to assume our @KeninDC was already aware of this Cooder business @ Sticky Fingers?

And here I'd long thought it was Mick Taylor, a well-regarded (and rightfully so) slide geetarist in his own right.

I'll have to assume our @KeninDC was already aware of this Cooder business @ Sticky Fingers?

Yes, as noted above, Cooder played the slide on "Memo from Turner" and performed that amazing slide lesson in open G tuning on "Sister Morphine." Also heavily reverbed on "Morphine" was Jack Nitzsche on piano. Makes the song.

Yes, as noted above, Cooder played the slide on "Memo from Turner" and performed that amazing slide lesson in open G tuning on "Sister Morphine." Also heavily reverbed on "Morphine" was Jack Nitzsche on piano. Makes the song.
Cooder's slide bores into the left side of your brain. Great cut.

Last edited:
Crazy Rich Asians

Didn't care for it because it was chock-full of cliche´s and only had a couple of funny scenes. I've seen that same movie so many times over the years and the only difference were the actors.

I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who plans on seeing it.

Crazy Rich Asians

Didn't care for it because it was chock-full of cliche´s and only had a couple of funny scenes. I've seen that same movie so many times over the years and the only difference were the actors.

I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who plans on seeing it.
I find nothing more boring than crazy rich people of any colour.

Back
Top Bottom