No longer with Audio by Van Alstine.

WaynerN

Addicted Member
I have recently decided that I had been in the AVA camp too long. A change would be good for me, and good for them. I have been with them since 2004(?) and it has been fun, but challenging. I have no plans to pursue any other audio directions, just going to do the retirement thing.

I wish Frank and company the best.

Wayner

My experience with Frank Van Alstine goes back to 1972 when I visited his home office (called Jensen's Stereo Shop I think) and got started in a lifetime of audio as a hobby. Still have my little Sherwood receiver. I hope your experience working with him was as good as mine buying and getting advice from him. I'm retired and still live in the area, retirement is so great! Good luck!

I wished that we lived closer. It is very difficult to design stuff over the phone, or thru emails, but we did get it done, maybe sometimes with some hair pulling......

Enjoy your retirement! I'm in a glidepath for retirement in about five years myself.

FVA always seemed to be a pragmatic guy. I learned much of the value of stiff power supplies from his work back in the mid 70s when I used a Jensen's Stereo FET-5 preamp. I took a page from his Double Dyna 400 work and quadrupled the capacitance (along with new bridge) of an otherwise good sounding Audire One power amp - which really transformed it in terms of transparency and dynamic punch. Joules do matter!

Thanks gentlemen. It's 90° outside right now, I just passed up on a pair of Klipsch 1.5s (I think) at the antique store and it doesn't even bother me for some reason. I think I'll spin some vinyl 'till the MInnesota Gophers are on at 2:30.

All is well......so far.

Good for you! Enjoy your free time. As other have said, I hope you stay in our community.

-Dave

I have recently decided that I had been in the AVA camp too long. A change would be good for me, and good for them. I have been with them since 2004(?) and it has been fun, but challenging. I have no plans to pursue any other audio directions, just going to do the retirement thing.

I wish Frank and company the best.

Wayner
What was your job there, Wayne?'

GeeDeeEmm

I did get to meet some interesting people while with AVA.

Dennis Murphy

Dennis Murphy.jpg

Jim Salk

Jim Salk.jpg

Mary Salk

Mary Salk.jpg

Stereophile's Mikey Fremer

Wayner and Michael Fremer a.jpg

The whole crew at AVA

AVA-Interview-1.jpg

And nothing to do with anything.......some Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders

Viking gals.JPG

Friends at RMAF (from the Audiocircles audio forum)

AC Members.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom