EBay question

EVBoy

I sold an RCA tube amplifier to a buyer in Korea. It was sold through the Global Shipping Program and I shipped it to their address in Kentucky. Later they said the transaction couldn't be completed and refunded all money. I've sold tube amps to Korea before, non GSP, and never had any problems. Now I see my amplifier is back on eBay and is being sold by some guy in Michigan. He even uses the same photos and description. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Is it listed for more than you sold it for?

Sounds like someone in Kentucky, is inside the GSP/eBay inner circle, and has found a way to pilfer folks sales, and relist for their personal profit.

I heard similar stories from other sellers, was told calling ebay was of little to no help at all.

Also told ebay has a auction on all the pulled items there.

Barney

The deal I know about, the buyer and seller were made whole. Both got their money, ebay kept the gear.

Would not return the items.

Sounds pretty weird. I would certainly contact Ebay.

I haven't had a problem with the GSP program....but then haven't sold anything in quite some time.

One thing I don't understand. So, seller pays to ship to Kentucky...and then what, Buyer pays shipping overseas? ( assuming free shipping CONUS...)

Could the Buyer back out if the shipping is to costly?
And does anyone know how much Ebay charges buyer to ship?

Sorry if a derail....just never got the GSP program as far as cost to Buyer.

I ran into CITES violations with the GSP. It happened on a Canadian made guitar being shipped to a buyer in Canada. CITES is that age old law that our government started cracking down on a few years back to keep certain types of protected woods from import/export. Both parties made whole. I don't see why a tube amp would be an issue though.....

I do doubt that the amp in Michigan has anything to do with your amp. They simply saved the pics for their listing.

Sounds pretty weird. I would certainly contact Ebay.

I haven't had a problem with the GSP program....but then haven't sold anything in quite some time.

One thing I don't understand. So, seller pays to ship to Kentucky...and then what, Buyer pays shipping overseas? ( assuming free shipping CONUS...)

Could the Buyer back out if the shipping is to costly?
And does anyone know how much Ebay charges buyer to ship?

Sorry if a derail....just never got the GSP program as far as cost to Buyer.

The global buyer will see a huge shipping charge in their local currency which includes eBay’s cut and custom fees. They do pay a lot, but you won’t know how much unless the buyer can tell you. In many cases , the buyer doesn’t have a choice as U.S. parts are only available from U.S. sellers....

I sold an RCA tube amplifier to a buyer in Korea. It was sold through the Global Shipping Program and I shipped it to their address in Kentucky. Later they said the transaction couldn't be completed and refunded all money. I've sold tube amps to Korea before, non GSP, and never had any problems. Now I see my amplifier is back on eBay and is being sold by some guy in Michigan. He even uses the same photos and description. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Weird. So they refunded the buyer and you kept the money from the sale?? I've heard of that happening a couple times. If an item gets destroyed or lost through the GSP, I believe ebay takes the hit..

Lost, destroyed, confiscated, or simply not as described lets the seller remain whole. GSP is the only program left on eBay that is in the favor of the seller. I'm sure that this will soon change.

The seller is 8ten1944, right? That's how the Global Shipping Program works. Stuff with tubes can't be shipped through it, so the buyer and seller get refunded and the gear gets sold to 8ten1944, who will relist it using your photos and description for like twice the price. This has been discussed a few times on here and elsewhere.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/weird-gloabal-shipping-ebay-experience.834083/
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....out-ebay-global-shipping-and-old-gear.825800/

I heard similar stories from other sellers, was told calling ebay was of little to no help at all.

Also told ebay has a auction on all the pulled items there.

Barney

Ebay customer service has no way to contact GSP. They cannot give a telephone number and I doubt GSP has a customer call center of any sort. This came about because an item made it to Kentucky but was never re-shipped. There was no way to check status.

It was tubes going to Tiawan IIRC pulled by GSP as restricted items?? The seller I know did talk to someone eventually , who what where I don't know.

He wanted the tubes back but ebay refused.

Sounds like a frickin' scam to me. Per other threads here, Pitney Bowes is in the middle of it, and having dealt with their ilk before, they are only in business to rake in as much money as possible. We used to have some of their products at work--the lease fees were outrageous, supplies (ink, labels, etc.) even more so, and some of their business practices were monopolistic. (For example, for USPS postage meter, you had to use only Pitney Blows postage meters. They had an exclusive arrangement.)

It's no surprise to find Pitney Blows at the epicenter of all of this apparent scamming of innocent sellers out of their merchandise. Yeah, I get it that both parties are made whole, but things like some NOS vacuum tubes have a finite if not limited supply. Vintage electronics, even more so.

having done a few GSPs* to various countries, that program solves nightmares for me
(no destination deliveries within ebay time limits, damaged items you have to manage,
refused by foreign buyer, lied to by foreign buyer, NAA by foreign buyer, foreign buy
challenges pp/cc for refund and keeps the unit and the money)

in this example not a lot of difference with buyer fixing broken fuse and reselling for 10x
what you got, or fixed it by working the monitor/speaker switches.

unless you get the actual reason (which you won't) treat it as a great closed transaction
(you got your money, and the positive, and absolutely no back-hurling from buyer).

there were many threads from non-US buyer about getting ripped off by the GPS,
I'd tell them china sends stuff from there to here cheaper than local mail and try
the US one-ounce package to Canada for $9).

or if you have the stones, and the cast iron stomach, do ebay and opt-out of GSP
and send something to Italy for example.

I am very happy to use cheaper rates (to Kentucky than airmail priority to anywhere
else) and have it delivered in 2 days (try two heavy output transformer in flat
rate box at about $12), and have a positive on the sale upon delivery.

* by few I mean places like Thailand (with year round 100% humidity in their
postal inspection warehouses), Pakistan (with addresses that confuse me),
and Russia (can't read a single word in Cyrillic).

As long as I have my money. I dont care what GSP is doing. Even better, I like what they did. No need to worry about stupid buyer complaining tiny little thing. If they want to sell it for more than I asked? Go for it !

So far I've had one completed sale with GSP (a Macbook), and it worked out well for both the buyer (in Canada) and myself. I'm just curious as to how much above actual international shipping rates eBay charges for the privilege. Anyone know?

Usually 50-70% of what Fedex/UPS asked for

So far I've had one completed sale with GSP (a Macbook), and it worked out well for both the buyer (in Canada) and myself. I'm just curious as to how much above actual international shipping rates eBay charges for the privilege. Anyone know?

having done a few GSPs* to various countries, that program solves nightmares for me
(no destination deliveries within ebay time limits, damaged items you have to manage,
refused by foreign buyer, lied to by foreign buyer, NAA by foreign buyer, foreign buy
challenges pp/cc for refund and keeps the unit and the money)

in this example not a lot of difference with buyer fixing broken fuse and reselling for 10x
what you got, or fixed it by working the monitor/speaker switches.

unless you get the actual reason (which you won't) treat it as a great closed transaction
(you got your money, and the positive, and absolutely no back-hurling from buyer).

there were many threads from non-US buyer about getting ripped off by the GPS,
I'd tell them china sends stuff from there to here cheaper than local mail and try
the US one-ounce package to Canada for $9).

or if you have the stones, and the cast iron stomach, do ebay and opt-out of GSP
and send something to Italy for example.

I am very happy to use cheaper rates (to Kentucky than airmail priority to anywhere
else) and have it delivered in 2 days (try two heavy output transformer in flat
rate box at about $12), and have a positive on the sale upon delivery.

* by few I mean places like Thailand (with year round 100% humidity in their
postal inspection warehouses), Pakistan (with addresses that confuse me),
and Russia (can't read a single word in Cyrillic).

This is my experience with GSP as well. Once it gets to Kentucky I have my positive feedback, my money and never have to think about the item again. None of my buyers have ever had a negative thing to say that I know of so it seems to work well for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom