Need a rotary encoder

Bassblaster

See pic. Need this volume rotary encoder to replace broken one from a Chrysler Infinity IV CD player. I'm not finding one with a shaft long enough. It does have a pushbutton switch too.

20180915_173031.jpg

Is it physically broken or just wonky?

If it's erratic I've had good luck prying back the four tabs and popping the top off, cleaning, greasing with some Lithium grease and maybe tweaking the contacts up a bit for more positive contact.

Whatcha got to lose?

Is it physically broken or just wonky?

If it's erratic I've had good luck prying back the four tabs and popping the top off, cleaning, greasing with some Lithium grease and maybe tweaking the contacts up a bit for more positive contact.

Whatcha got to lose?
its completely broken. stem on the inside has snapped. how do you even manage that one?
Junkyard donor?
Not worth the price of a junkyard doner...and i dont really want to brick an otherwise perfect deck. the one i got here looks like brand new. tape deck still works!

i looked over at the "how to order" part of the datesheet and i think the PEC11R-4220F-S0024 is what i need. i completely forgot Bourns had that chart.

From the mechanical drawing the bushing is included in the length, so looks like 25mm is what you need.

got a bag of 3 encoders in the mail today. Yeahhhh it aint gonna work. looking closer, the Bourns from mouser isnt going to work either. have to find one with the skinny shaft.

Left is the new one, right is the original from the deck. the thread isnt an issue. just need that long shaft as it needs to go all the way through the face and into the knob itself.
20180920_173410[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom