I am finally done with my listening room and system!!!

opusarlo

It has been just under a year since I had my first break on some Mac gear, which also triggered a passion for music. I made great plans, and they have all come to fruition. My system is done. The Snells are bi-amped, the subs are firing on Linkweitz Reilly transform, and the organ music is simply ethereal. Thank you to everyone who supported me along the way and a great big Bronx cheer to all the pessimists and haters. I am in audio heaven right now...I have never heard anything quite as moving as this system right here. P.S. The Rotel is not mine. I am borrowing it until my C28 is fully restored. I have enclosed some pictures of my journey. hifi2 9-15-18.jpg HIFI.jpg 20180905_185557.jpg 20180910_130201.jpg Early System (1).jpg
20180826_095835.jpg 20180902_130348.jpg 20180905_193511.jpg hifi2 9-15-18.jpg HIFI.jpg 20180905_185557.jpg 20180910_130201.jpg Early System (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20180902_202415.jpg
    20180902_202415.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
It has been just under a year since I had my first break on some Mac gear, which also triggered a passion for music. I made great plans, and they have all come to fruition. My system is done. The Snells are bi-amped, the subs are firing on Linkweitz Reilly transform, and the organ music is simply ethereal. Thank you to everyone who supported me along the way and a great big Bronx cheer to all the pessimists and haters. I am in audio heaven right now...I have never heard anything quite as moving as this system right here. P.S. The Rotel is not mine. I am borrowing it until my C28 is fully restored. I have enclosed some pictures of my journey. View attachment 1282530 View attachment 1282532 View attachment 1282533 View attachment 1282535 View attachment 1282536
I remember well when you were contemplating acquiring the vintage McIntosh tube gear. :)
I urged you to do it and now look where you are. Congratulations to you, enjoy your bliss. :beerchug:

I remember well when you were contemplating acquiring the vintage McIntosh tube gear. :)
I urged you to do it and now look where you are. Congratulations to you, enjoy your bliss. :beerchug:
More people need to know how amazing HiFi is...I am so happy I jumped in, and thank you for your support along the way.

Congratulations on your setup. It's very encouraging to see someone take a different road and then come right out and say they're totally happy with it.
Rock on!

Is it possible you're just getting started? You don't strike me as one to leave well enough alone. I want to see more.

That is one really great looking setup you have there. Congrats looks like you put in some hard work. That is also great you are at a point where you are happy. I will warn you that is the hardest part of this hobby always thinking on how to improve it. I like those shelves you have. Did you make those they look really nice. Enjoy.

Congratulations on your setup. It's very encouraging to see someone take a different road and then come right out and say they're totally happy with it.
Rock on!

Is it possible you're just getting started? You don't strike me as one to leave well enough alone. I want to see more.
Last night, I was all done with my system as I reclined with my Johnny Walker Red and some Saint Seans. This morning, I have already sent my local stereo guy a message that I want to purchase his Teac 3340S, and start mastering some LP's. I also believe I will be asking to take my Cornwalls off of consignment and bring them back home where they belong. Of course, he also wants to make a deal with me on a Kora Galaxy, which would be a perfect match for the Cornwalls...So...I think you are on to something. I think I am not yet done, lol!!

That is one really great looking setup you have there. Congrats looks like you put in some hard work. That is also great you are at a point where you are happy. I will warn you that is the hardest part of this hobby always thinking on how to improve it. I like those shelves you have. Did you make those they look really nice. Enjoy.
I did make those shelves. They are constructed of 2x4 boards sandwiched between 2 sheet of plywood. I then painted them black with interior latex paint. Then I mix up some epoxy and glitter and coated them. To look at them up close, you might think they are pieces of Black Galaxy granite. The edges were purposely made to look like the shelves had been hewn from a quarry. That was accomplished with bondo.
20180817_180034.jpg 20180820_192626.jpg 20180815_175336.jpg

It appears you have some talent when it comes to wood working. My only concern would be how loud you might want to crank it up. I fear my ears would disagree with the level that you might enjoy. You appear young, so take care not to over do it and damage your hearing. It would be a shame if you were deaf later in life.

It appears you have some talent when it comes to wood working. My only concern would be how loud you might want to crank it up. I fear my ears would disagree with the level that you might enjoy. You appear young, so take care not to over do it and damage your hearing. It would be a shame if you were deaf later in life.
The person in the picture is my son. I am near to 50 years old. Although I do play this system very loud, most of the volume comes from the subs reproducing 80 Hz and down. That is a world different than the overwhelming majority of systems whose mids and highs take lead over the bass. It all looks rather sinister like an AR-15, but that is what is needed in order to play sustained low pipe organ tones. You can actually have a conversation while listening to the system.

Industrial, with pallets and metal frame racks.
I like it.
Pin a black light Hendrix poster on the wall and I say you're set to go! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom