Best, and easiest way to record audio only from You Tube.

jcamero

Who are you people anyway?
Not very confuser savvy here. What is the easiest way to record audio from You Tube? I do not need the video.

I think you're right that the easiest way would be to record them via 1/8" stereo plug using a phone or another PC so they come in as WAV or mp3 files that can be burned to CD or just played from the phone. Double male stereo cable would go from headphone out of youtube playing pc to microphone in of phone or 2nd PC that is doing the recording.

OP: Because your posts don’t explain what content you seek to copy from youtube, the following questions come to mind (bearing in mind that I’m not a lawyer).

What youtube content are you seeking to download and convert to a CD?

Is this content available to purchase (e.g., as a CD or download)?

Is the content copyrighted, or is it in the public domain?

For $12 a month you can stream and store your music offline on a phone and play it anywhere that has a 3.5 RCA. . Recording digital is a real pita, slow, and I tire really quick from that sort of tedium.

Run an Internet Search.
I seem to recall a selection of free downloads because you're not the first one to wonder.

For a wedding I DJ'd a while back, I simply made a playlist of the songs that the bride wanted, and ended up using an older computer with the possibility to record the wave file internally. Most newer computers with newer builds of windows cannot do this in order to combat piracy, but I have held on to my old windows 2000 machine.

I let the playlist play, while in the background, Adobe Audition recorded everything. From there, it was a simple affair to cut each song out and give it a name, and I ended up with everything I needed for the ceremony. Being anal about things, I did normalize each track so my audio wouldnt be jumping around, and I had winamp doing smooth crossfades from track to track.

I had to do this for a lack of internet connection at the land where the reception was held. It all worked out well, my 12 year old Dell doing fine in the oppressive heat.

The last few versions of VLC media player let you stream and record video from YouTube and other sites. There are several tools online that let you download the audio from Internet sites and save it in whatever format you like. The later versions of Win 10 have put a severe crimp in this but they work perfectly in Win 7. Also, if you have a older desktop PC with a PCI slot the Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum audio card has a feature called Smart Recorder.

UPDATE: I looked on Creative's website last night and found a newer version of the SmartRec software. I tried it with an X-Fi Platinum sound card in a Win 10 PC and it works, a previous version didn't. I have no idea what Creative audio cards it'll work with but it's free and worth at least trying.

Last edited:
freemake video downloader.....it can download only the audio of the video stream....then use freemake audio converter to convert the audio files ( the raw audio off the video is m4a ) to wav or mp3 ( both are free....but the paid versions offer more bells n whistles )

works great !! use it all the time

the best sound comes from HD videos btw....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom