Recommendations for a reliable electronics repair person in Chicagoland

Airjmax

5A64BFE6-B3A8-4DEB-8E7C-8166D78B27B8.jpeg
Can anyone recommend someone in the Chicagoland area to recap my AU-555? It works now, but I’d love to have it back to spec. My soldering skills and knowledge of electronics is pretty limited. I have a guy that I take things to for repair, but he is too busy to take on this project. Thanks!

Stereo Rehab, (Chicago), has great reviews. (I have no experience with Casper). Sounds Classic in Rockford, recapped my KA-8100, sounds great, no issues a year later. Sounds Classic has a large backlog, so Mark takes a while.

Stereo Rehab, (Chicago), has great reviews. (I have no experience with Casper). Sounds Classic in Rockford, recapped my KA-8100, sounds great, no issues a year later. Sounds Classic has a large backlog, so Mark takes a while.
May I ask how much it cost for the recap? Thanks.

Sounds Classic recap price? I really could not say for sure. Mark buys vintage audio, when I picked up my amp, I had a carload of misc. gear, that we/he bartered into the final price. Mark needs a $40.00 evaluation fee up front, and I paid $50.00 when I picked up my amp. Sorry I can't be more detailed

Another vote for Stereo Rehab. Casper knows his stuff and does not cut corners. I was impressed when I dealt with him.

I have had positive experiences with both Casper at stereo rehab and Dave at Chicago Audio and would recommend both. Chicago audio recapped a 9090 for me and seemed very knowledgeable on Sansui gear. Casper at Stereo Rehab worked on an Akai r2r for me but had several Sansui units in the shop at the time of my visit. He was very straight forward, honest and no nonsense so to say.

I have had positive experiences with both Casper at stereo rehab and Dave at Chicago Audio and would recommend both. Chicago audio recapped a 9090 for me and seemed very knowledgeable on Sansui gear. Casper at Stereo Rehab worked on an Akai r2r for me but had several Sansui units in the shop at the time of my visit. He was very straight forward, honest and no nonsense so to say.
Thanks for your comments. How much was the 9090 recap?

Back
Top Bottom