SONY PS-Q7 Mini Turntable?

Ramseybella

AK Member
Just picked one of these up but it doesn't have that blue cartridge head, speed seem to be on the mark but no way of listening to it.
What model number is this head and who caries them with the needles?

Online stylus vendors will likely have a "search by turntable" option. If it's not the stock cartridge, you need to find out what it is and go from there.

It takes a Sony cartridge VL-43G and good luck finding it. You would think a P Mount would work but it won't.

Cool table though. I had one once but thankfully I had the cartridge.

[QUOTE="Ramseybella, post: 11969214, member: 208000"

]"Just picked one of these up but it doesn't have that blue cartridge head".:idea:[

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the question is.

If you have the cartridge on the turn table and you pick up "one of these", meaning the replacement stylus.

Then you are all ready for unification of the two, cartridge and stylus.

If you do not have the cartridge, why did you pick up "one of these", meaning the the replacement stylus? :idea:

[QUOTE="Ramseybella, post: 11969214, member: 208000"

]"Just picked one of these up but it doesn't have that blue cartridge head".:idea:[

Not sure what the question is.

If you have the cartridge on the turn table and you pick up "one of these", meaning the replacement stylus.

Then you are all ready for unification of the two, cartridge and stylus.

If you do not have the cartridge, why did you pick up "one of these", meaning the the replacement stylus? :idea:[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a question it was pointing out my issue.
Reading my intro says it didn't come with the blue cartridge head.
It doesn't have the cartridge is what i am getting at.

It wasn't a question it was pointing out my issue.
Reading my intro says it didn't come with the blue cartridge head.
It doesn't have the cartridge is what i am getting at.

The cartridge in question is a Sony VL-43G and the stylus that comes with it is the Sony ND-143G.

The cartridge in question appear for sale on Ebay and other Asian auction sites from time to time.

Best of luck with finding one complete and operational unit. :thumbsup:

Right. It was the use of the word "head" that at least partly confused the issue. The cartridge does have a blue head but the stylus holder is also blue so that was a bit ambiguous.

As I said in my first reply, good luck finding that one as it is proprietary and there are no apparent substitutions for it.

Right. It was the use of the word "head" that at least partly confused the issue. The cartridge does have a blue head but the stylus holder is also blue so that was a bit ambiguous.

As I said in my first reply, good luck finding that one as it is proprietary and there are no apparent substitutions for it.

What i figured, I'm sure they are around like Hen's Teeth..:no:
I guess i will just sell it to someone who is into these TT's, they will appreciate the condition.
At the least it seems to turn at correct speed.

Back
Top Bottom