TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Makes sense.
The preamp I opened up is voltage convertible. Thus a 500mA fuse for 220-240 operation, or a 1A for 110-120.
I thought that 1A fuse looked like it might be from the factory.

In that case, I'll stick with a 1A for my Guanzo.

Would anyone with the Nobsound passive be able to post an internal pic? Really curious to see what's all in there.

Would anyone with the Nobsound passive be able to post an internal pic? Really curious to see what's all in there.

If it opened from the top I would but it has a front and rear screw on plates. It wouldn't be easy to duplicate as the input switching is electrical instead of mechanical and that's the reason it's powered. Saw them on eBay for $49.

This thread has now reached over one million views, 7,487 posts and in less than four years.

It says a lot about the popularity of these good sounding and inexpensive amps.
Listening to Trilok Gurtus band on the D+ and couldnt be more involved in the music.:):):)
This thread is excellent:beatnik:

TPA 3116 chips can be had for less than $2 a piece in bulk.
If I were gonna counterfeit something, I'd definitely choose something with a higher profit margin.

TPA 3116 chips can be had for less than $2 a piece in bulk.
If I were gonna counterfeit something, I'd definitely choose something with a higher profit margin.

I am confused then. Texas Instruments manufactures these for $2.00 in bulk?

The chips found on the YJ, the Audiobah, Nobsound, etc. are all manufactured by TI?

There are several different ways to buy TPA 3116 chips.
Price variation is dependent on the way they're packaged and minimum bought.
There's also a variant which is apparently made for automotive purposes with a different protection circuit.

Digi-Key sells the standard "Speaker Protection" version for $1.40 a piece if you buy 2000 or more.
It's more like $1.60 a piece for the automotive version...with the same minimum.

Can someone recommend a ready to use TPA amp. We just converted a little room (10x12) from a guest bedroom to more of a reading/sitting room. I am going to use a couple of bookshelf speakers and want a tiny little amp. The room is so small I don't want normal size components in it, and am afraid my wife will veto if I do.

Would Breeze this amp be OK? It sure is cheap enough.

The Nobsound Mini TPA3116 Audio HIFI 2.0 Channel is something else I have latched onto for no reason at all.

If there is an obvious choice for under $200 with power supply please let me know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom