Updating PHP on the server

giphy.gif

I truly appreciate all the brains behind the curtain here at AK to ensure that our time on AK is as trouble free as possible. I know by life long experiences that it's a thankless duty. So I say boldly - THANK YOU, and all the others that keep this site up for us and future generation AK members.

Paranoid Home Page

For those of you still sweating over the "non secure" home page ... <G>
PHP? Useless. Without HTTPS, the standard for over a decade now, and what all major browsers require even for the most basic security, especially using any JAVA scripts, speed and stability is a moot point. Im no programmer just read the news that is now common knowledge.

Dont listen to the scare tactics!!

They want you believing thier crap....... Nothing different about the internet now than 5 years ago EXCEPT NOW THEY WANT MORE CONTROL!!!!

Dont listen to the scare tactics!!

They want you believing thier crap....... Nothing different about the internet now than 5 years ago EXCEPT NOW THEY WANT MORE CONTROL!!!!

Um, not sure where you're getting your info from but it could not be further from the truth..

Grumpy

Um, not sure where you're getting your info from but it could not be further from the truth..

Grumpy
Everyone is a expert when its not their time or money.

PHP upgrade is not useless as the poster two up claims. And as far as SSL. Its not going to make a site any more or less secure. It mostly allows people (Site Visitors) to use lax security with the illusion of safety just because some article on the internet said so.

If I had a nickle for every time I slapped away a malware or spam attack because some site got hacked and a users e-mail and password was stolen and sold I would have a really nice stereo.

I mean for example Yahoo uses SSL for logins and that did not stop a huge compromise.

Grumpy Keep On Keeping On And Thanks For Making AK A Enjoyable , Safe Place!!

Frannie

Everyone is a expert when its not their time or money.

PHP upgrade is not useless as the poster two up claims. And as far as SSL. Its not going to make a site any more or less secure. It mostly allows people (Site Visitors) to use lax security with the illusion of safety just because some article on the internet said so.

If I had a nickle for every time I slapped away a malware or spam attack because some site got hacked and a users e-mail and password was stolen and sold I would have a really nice stereo.

I mean for example Yahoo uses SSL for logins and that did not stop a huge compromise.

Grumpy Keep On Keeping On And Thanks For Making AK A Enjoyable , Safe Place!!

Frannie

Old grizzled IT guy here Frannie, that comment of "Everyone is a expert when its not their time or money" is pure genius and spot on.

Thank you Grumpy, I sent some extra $$ along to help things keep on keeping on!

Back
Top Bottom