Kutztown Fall Radio Meet, Sep 21-22

Busy Saturday, looking to leave out of here early in the morning. Just gassed the truck up.

BillWojo

Another fine K'town Friday meet is in the books,, little bit of drizzle mid morning, rest of the day was cloudy, but there was a lot of cool stuff to see!! Saw a few AKers that are usually there and met a couple more... I passed on a couple of good deals, but got some tubes, records, CDs, and a small mono amp,,, gotta start watching out becoming a hoarder!!!!

However, after deliberating all day,,, the Blue Strat followed me home... Believe it or not all the electronics work!!!!!!!
See ya all in the spring!

So you got the Strat! Cool, I'm surprised it still worked but it looks restore-able. Did he move on the price at all?
I did good, spent a grand total of 18 bucks. I'll post pics of my goods later on.
I almost grabbed the Scott 399, pretty clean and working for 500 bucks but I really don't need it. Such a pretty unit though.
Was great seeing everyone, hopefully we all meet up at Ricks in a few weeks. John, put it on your calendar, it's a great time.

BillWojo

Hey Bill...
Was up til mid night disassembling the Strat, its filthy,,, gotta try to find SS screws for it, most of the old ones have rusty stripped heads... Epoxy is drying on the gouge as we speak!! Jacks 399 Scott?? I'm trying to get him to bring it over so i can hear it with some of my speakers, if he didn't sell it today,,, we'll see how that goes!!
Was good to see everyone again...

Hi John, no it wasn't Jacks Scott 399, this one was sitting on a table at the very end of a row, on the outside. He was hooking it up and I heard it playing. It was gone the next time I walked by.
I really need to get rid of some stuff before I bring anything else home.

BillWojo

OK,,, Jack still has his if ya need one!!!! Here's the Strat cleaned up a bit, I couldn't stand looking at it as it was! waitin on strings now...

Attachments

• P5010107.JPG
    P5010107.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 19
A great show, as always! :) Got there very early Friday morning, set up my tent, and managed to get a few hours of sleep. Lots of buyers and sellers there, and a great selection of stuff. The ever-so-blasphemous bonfire on Friday night was quite incendiary, as somewhere around 20 beat-up wooden cabinets met their maker in grand fashion. Weather on both days was pretty good, barring some brief periods of light rain (mostly at night, when I was in the tent). Can't wait for the spring! :banana:
Be sure to let us know what you buy.
Absolutely! :D On the radio end of things, I bought a RCA 2-X-621 bakelite table radio which covers both AM and shortwave for $35, plus a Heathkit GR-21 FM table radio with its matching multiplexer for $40. On the audio end of things, I managed to score a Kenwood KD-3055 turntable in rough shape (broken dust cover, tarnished trim) for all of $5, as well as a Sony VC-7P moving coil phono cartridge for $70. Technically my first moving-coil cartridge, though the cartridge used in my Pioneer PL-88FS might be similar.

On the video game end of things, I found a boxed Magnavox Odyssey 300 for $5; the system inside is in rough shape, but the packaging should go nicely with the Odyssey 300 I already had which I got signed by Ralph Baer. I also bought a Jameco ASCII keyboard, a bunch of Betamax tapes, and a couple of LaserDiscs. My 'big' score at the show was yet another oddball keyboard instrument, an Ace-Tone S-3 "Canary" transistor organ, which I got for $60. Apparently a solid-state version of the Clavioline, it was one of the first products from the company which would later become Roland. Haven't tested it yet, but it seems to be in pretty good shape overall.
-Adam

John, that sure doesn't look like the same Strat that was at the show. Cleaned up very nicely. I'll give ya 40 bucks for it!

BillWojo

HA,,, no money talk on here, but that would be a profit, I'll throw in the thyrotrons, if I remember!!! I thought it would clean up some, but its still pretty rough,, Neck is really straight, frets are level, I polished them... I put some old strings on it from 3 different sets, and it plays nice... can't wait til the new strings get here!!!!! Ever strip, level and paint a guitar body!!!???

Great show at Kutztown, PA, as always...

2019 dates have been announced. The DVHRC/Renningers Antique Radio Show will happen at Renningers Mkt., 740 Noble St.; Kutztown, PA 19530.

MAY 10th and 11th for the Spring 2019 show.

September 20th and 21st for the Autumn 2019 show.

Keep in mind that these events have a Thursday setup for exhibitors and vendors, the day before the posted dates. When you view the online pictures of these true events, usually posted on antique radio forums and elsewhere, remember that the cameramen already did their buying and are probably not filming before 10AM Friday. Thus, we are not really seeing the absolutely amazing amount of HiFi gear and parts available at these shows, Thursday, Thursday evening and early Friday. In fact, all the regular attendees and exhibitors know this show is probably as much an Audio show as a Radio show.

If you want the best deals, you really do want to be there as early as possible. Consider a "co-op" purchase of a table with fellow AK audio folk, Tables are $45. for the first table and electricity, plus $5. for each extra table. I know missing our usual daily lifestyles, or work, can be difficult in order to set aside so much HiFi time, but your buying and selling results might be worth the effort. There are many HiFi equipment demos occurring simultaneously at nearby tables under the same pavilion or within the other pavilion. Over 200 tables !

Next show is May 10th and 11th, 2019; the big event ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom