Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

I looked in the mirror one day and noticed a long hair on the side of my face, when I tried to pull it off I realized it was attached to my eyebrow, it had to have been two inches long! o_O If I don't keep an eye out for these rogue eyebrow hairs I will end up looking like Larry Hagman!

3c4f4613de5ce201e307a6a557d3247d_view.jpg
Characterization of ??
https://goo.gl/images/dpTnWf

I went to the restroom and emptied the bladder. I knocked it on the side of the urinal a few times and zipped up....walked a few paces out the restroom and peed a little bit more......sigh....
What does it take to pee out enuff to ignore the urge for a couple lousy hours, like mebbe for a movie, please?

My wise ass nephew said to me once, "I know why you wear a baseball cap. To cover up your baldness." I answered him, "Nope. I wear it to keep from getting sunburned."

Well, I'm not bald, and I still wear a baseball cap.

So tell your nephew "**** you" for me. ;)

It's not baldness. It's a solar panel for a love machine!

(Or so the old saying goes.)

What does it take to pee out enuff to ignore the urge for a couple lousy hours, like mebbe for a movie, please?
Or, just to sleep through the night. The bedroom here is essentially a finished attic, like it is in all the other houses on our block. So unless someone has done extensive renovations, there is no bathroom up there. So if it's time to open the tap, I have to make the trip downstairs and back up again. And then I'm awake.

So, I have the family curse of hypertension, and am taking another med for it since the prior med didn't work. This one was supposed to be "a water pill" as the pharmacist put it. So I took it...no "water." It didn't change my trips to the bathroom for #1. Except that during the past week and a half now, I've been running to the bathroom for #2 and a couple of times, barely made it. And there seems to be a methane leak in the room more often than there used to be. So I look it up--both flatulence and diarrhea are side effects of this medicine. I may ask the doc to switch me to another. My BP, though, is perfect. Go figure.

--Count Flatula

Or, just to sleep through the night. The bedroom here is essentially a finished attic, like it is in all the other houses on our block. So unless someone has done extensive renovations, there is no bathroom up there. So if it's time to open the tap, I have to make the trip downstairs and back up again. And then I'm awake.

So, I have the family curse of hypertension, and am taking another med for it since the prior med didn't work. This one was supposed to be "a water pill" as the pharmacist put it. So I took it...no "water." It didn't change my trips to the bathroom for #1. Except that during the past week and a half now, I've been running to the bathroom for #2 and a couple of times, barely made it. And there seems to be a methane leak in the room more often than there used to be. So I look it up--both flatulence and diarrhea are side effects of this medicine. I may ask the doc to switch me to another. My BP, though, is perfect. Go figure.

--Count Flatula
I keep a hospital bedside urinal with a lid by the bed to save me the trips. Highly recommended.
This has been a bulletin from WTMI, your waaaaay too much information station (musical jingle here).

--Count Flatula
Consider treating your bedmate to a "Dutch oven".

I'm starting to watch TV shows that have commercials for stair lifts, male enhancement aids and nursing homes.

I get on a municipal bus in Portland, OR (first visit, great city) last month, and sit right behind the driver. You've all seen the sign: "Please Give Up This Seat To Elderly, Pregnant, And Disabled Riders."

This guy with very obvious MS gets on and I give him my seat. The bus is packed, so now I'm strap hanging.

A 40'ish woman says to me "Sir, would you like my seat?" :eek:

Last edited:
Went into the first Tesla dealer display shop in MO, located in the fancy part of KC ("the Plaza"). Had a nice chat with the sales person. Sat in the car. Looked under the hood. Got ready to leave, and by force of habit, turned my head around the place looking for a brochure. A brochure. They don't have those anymore. Tesla probably never did and doesn't know the meaning of the word. There's a Mac on the otherwise empty sales desk, and a big touch screen TV on the wall where you can pull up everything from car specs to nationwide maps of charging stations. But no brochures, only website, old man. Not one sheet of paper in the whole place.

When the news shows archival footage of events from the '70's or new TV shows set in the '70's come out. Both usually try to make a point about how weird and wild things were and I think to myself, "you have no F$#%'ing idea".

And then I think OMG, how did I even live through that.

Back
Top Bottom