The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Prime

the skipper

Professional Curmudgeon
Great period piece set in the late 50's about a housewife who finds herself drawn into the world of stand up comedy in Greenwich village in the late 50's. I was a little young then, but i think i met her family ten years later. I think I dated her younger sister.

Great writing, great casting, great acting, and a whole lot of heart and fun. It deserved all those eight Emmy awards, IMNSHO.

Great writing, great casting, great acting, and a whole lot of heart and fun. It deserved all those eight Emmy awards, IMNSHO
Completely agree on all accounts. Hell.... The soundtrack, set design, and wardrobe alone is worth the watch. Very Smart and very funny. Easily one of if not the best series on television right now. :thumbsup:

I have been anxiously awaiting the second season, definitely in my top five list of current shows.
The set design is up there with Mad Men. Alex Borstein as her foul mouthed Manager is hilarious.

I’m just blown away that she can remember all her lines, often delivered at a madcap pace, while being so marvelous and funny to watch. Really look forward to another season of this and Bosch.

Agree with all that's been said on this show. Can't wait for season 2.

In the meantime we just started The Crown on Netflix. Not sure about this one yet.

Alan

We're trying not to binge, limiting ourselves to two episodes per weekend. Finished through 4th so far.

Two months at a Catskills resort doesn't have much appeal for me. A week, maybe, max. NYC must be miserable in the Summer? Dunno...

We're trying not to binge, limiting ourselves to two episodes per weekend. Finished through 4th so far.

Two months at a Catskills resort doesn't have much appeal for me. A week, maybe, max. NYC must be miserable in the Summer? Dunno...
I grew up in that area (Borscht Belt) at the end of the era - which pretty much coincided with Woodstock - 10 miles from my home.
Keep in mind that in the heyday of the area A/C in people’s homes was a rarity as well as cheap airfare.
Families would spend the summer up there while the husbands toiled away in the city (and lived like bachelors).
For cultural references also see “Dirty Dancing”.

Back
Top Bottom