Todays METAL playlist

Acid Bath - ...When the Kite String Pops

220px-Acid_Bath_-_When_The_Kite_String_Pops.jpg

Still really don't know what to make of this album. I'm a huge Ryche fan up right until Promised Land when it all began to fall tragically apart.

There's still some of the old Ryche sound here, but it's still to 'modernised' and hints at Promised Land and beyond, and Todd's vocals are spot on, but sometimes it feels like I'm just listening to a karaoke band

Why can't Chris come back and save the band?

H2ps7ej.jpg

Anyway, I'll always love them as they were the first rock/metal band I ever saw live 34 years ago and I was drawn in to them in an absolute instant.

This is the set list I witnessed 7 days before my 14th Birthday:

01 Nightrider
02 Prophecy
03 Deliverance
04 Nm 156
05 En Force
06 Before The Storm
07 Guitar Solo
08 Blinded
09 The Lady Wore Black
10 Warning
11 Take Hold Of The Flame

And then Ronnie James Dio played!!!

Kinda cheating now as I'm listening to a digital bootleg of a 1984 concert at the Royal Court Theatre, from almost my home city of Liverpool (I'm actually from across the famous river, and if I told you where I'm from, you'd go "Where?") of Whitesnake.

I was sadly just a tad too young to be allowed to go and see them at the time; goddamn parents!!

G6dHfRX.png

I was listening to a bootleg digital copy of my first ever rock/metal gig tonight (I was too far back in the crowd to be heard), and as previously mentioned it was this band and this albums tour 34 years ago, so I felt it appropriate to put the original vinyl on.

Such a great debut album!

Back in '84 there really wasn't much like it sound/song writing-wise, hence the media likened them to Maiden et al (magazine writers laziness?) but they were more complex and deeper.

6TAQgJK.jpg

DAMN, this is exactly a week too early.

This time next week is exactly 34 years since the gig.

Bugger. Expect a duplicate of this post next Friday :)

Last edited:
Anyway, I'll always love them as they were the first rock/metal band I ever saw live 34 years ago and I was drawn in to them in an absolute instant.

This is the set list I witnessed 7 days before my 14th Birthday:

01 Nightrider
02 Prophecy
03 Deliverance
04 Nm 156
05 En Force
06 Before The Storm
07 Guitar Solo
08 Blinded
09 The Lady Wore Black
10 Warning
11 Take Hold Of The Flame

And then Ronnie James Dio played!!!

I saw them on this tour opening for Dio too. What a great show, great setlist. Brings back some good memories.

I was listening to a bootleg digital copy of my first ever rock/metal gig tonight (I was too far back in the crowd to be heard), and as previously mentioned it was this band and this albums tour 34 years ago, so I felt it appropriate to put the original vinyl on.

Back in '84 there really wasn't much like it sound/song writing-wise, hence the media likened them to Maiden et al (magazine writers laziness?) but they were more complex and deeper.

6TAQgJK.jpg

This one's been pulled out and is in the to play milk crate.:thumbsup:

6TAQgJK.jpg

Kind of wish my copy hadn't gotten autographed sometimes, but it is what it is. It's not a terribly valuable album from a monetary standpoint, so I guess it's cool.
003.jpg

004.jpg

It's come to be a huge regret of mine that I bought that one as a compact disc. It was the last Trouble album that I bought and all the rest are vinyl.
Wasn't sure what I wanted to play tonight. Thanks for making it an easy decision!
001.jpg

I saw Trouble on that tour, incredible show. I also caught Trouble last year, and they destroyed the place. They played a bunch of stuff off of this album. But my favorite song of the night was Run To The Light.

Now playing: Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

I saw Trouble on that tour, incredible show. I also caught Trouble last year, and they destroyed the place. They played a bunch of stuff off of this album. But my favorite song of the night was Run To The Light.

Now playing: Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Remarkable band. I only saw them once. It was in support of either the first or second album...at The Bayou in Georgetown, Wash, D.C.
It's been closed for 20 years now. That joint rocked back in the '80's.

View attachment 1287900 View attachment 1287902

Cro-Mags - Age of Quarrel
1987 - GWR Records - GWLP 9
UK Pressing

While not Metal, An exceptional display of NYC Hardcore at it's finest.
Great album, big Cro- mags fan here. They opened up for Motorhead here at the legendary Harpo's in Detroit, on tour for Best Wishes album..... even without John Joseph they still rocked! A F**king great show.... a fond memory.....Cro-Mags....Motorhead...need I say more...I was in the pit the whole show. They just played here in the spring with John Joseph back at the helm.

Back
Top Bottom