Question about posting pics

okay it worked, sorry about the choice, it will be audio related from here on, this one just happened to be convenient,,,,,,,,,,,, and cool

Want a link ?

sure!

didn't mean to step on any toes, sorry was just seeing if i could upload pics after reading this thread, you think people here would like to see kustom bicycles on that other thread?

there are others i have built

(mods pls delete if inappropriate here),,,,,,,, ha we posted at the same time

sure!

didn't mean to step on any toes, sorry was just seeing if i could upload pics after reading this thread, you think people here would like to see kustom bicycles on that other thread?

there are others i have built

(mods pls delete if inappropriate here),,,,,,,, ha we posted at the same time

This is it.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/show-your-bicycle.666514/

It's on the main page, toward the bottom. Look for Sports and Outdoor Adventure.

[QUOTE. And then use the direct link to the pic. Then use that link with the IMG /IMG tags[/QUOTE]

thanx

ABOUT PHOTOBUCKET and NEW POLICY: what it means for some contributing members

Over the years, many members have used Photobucket — formerly a free site for storage and dissemination of images. It proved to be very useful and worked well on AK. Since AK has furnished it's own image hosting facility, many of us have stopped using Photobucket. I upload screenshots at 72 dpi in order to to not hog bandwidth on AK, and it seems to work very well.

The salient issue I mean to address here is a new policy that Photobucket is about to introduce. Free access for storage will be much more restrictive. Fees based on a number of pay options will apply to accounts that have exceeded a certain size. (I'll leave it to the readers to find the specifics.) I presume that this change will further exacerbate what Grumpy addressed a page or two back on this thread: more posts will be bereft of their attached images.

Changes in Photobucket have already been on the way. Many uploaded images now carry a watermark. IMHO, this has proved to be tolerable except in the case of schematics and drawings where vital information may be obscured. In the future, accounts exceeding a certain volume size that are unpaid subscriptions will have their posted images not only watermarked, but also blurred. They will be rendered useless.

As a consequence, I have been deleting most of my photobucket content for financial reasons. I have chosen to delete many images posted on a site devoted to cycling (in my case, vintage sports machines). I have left images that have been directed to AK. It was a tough decision, but I prioritized AK because the images concern material that was intended as reference for other users. They involved circuits, rarely published specifications, modifications and fixes. I consider these modest contributions as payback contributions — my-share in appreciation for all the help and advice I have received from more knowledgable, skilled members.

I hope this helps to alert other members about how some of our archive might be neutered in the near future.

Cheers ... Lorne

To post pics I send them to my email from my phone.
Then, I just drag the picture into the "Write your reply" box... done.

Using a Mac.

You can use PInterest to post images, first upload images in pinterest and then place JPG link. It is userfriendly try to use it.

I discovered that in some web locations, simply copying the URL from top of window with full sized picture does not always work. What I found does work more consistently is as follows:

1. Click on an on-line image so that it appears on the screen by itself
2. Right click on the image and select "copy image link"
3. Now proceed to your AK post, click on the image icon, and paste (CTRL V) the link into the dialogue box

The image will show immediately for preview if all works as planned.

Back
Top Bottom