Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

My wife and I are the same age to within a few months.
Once at the cinema together, I asked for two "senior citizens" tickets.

The young lady cashier smiled and said, "I'll need proof of age."

I smiled and started to feel quite good at this, until she carried on saying, "Not you, her!"

Nah, she's up there in the years and a little goofy.

The high school girls that work there are intrigued by me, until they find out how old I am. Then they're mortified.

That makes me feel old.

Lie about your age.

Oh wait, they're only in high school. Never mind. You'll end up in the slammer! :dunno: :rflmao:

My wife and I are the same age to within a few months.
Once at the cinema together, I asked for two "senior citizens" tickets.

The young lady cashier smiled and said, "I'll need proof of age."

I smiled and started to feel quite good at this, until she carried on saying, "Not you, her!"

Ouch!

Was at the barbers today and he said, "Hey Bucky, there's more hair growing from your nose, ears and eyebrows than what's growing on your head."
I said, "You should see my back".
Anyone know of a good local barber......

Last edited:
A young fella came into the store needing a fuse, but he did not know how to read it. I put it under a light and went and grabbed the new fuse. He asked how I knew how I did that. I said that I have been reading them for 50 years.

I was 17 and my Dad asked me to come over and read a phone number from the yellow pages because he couldn't make it out. I remember he was in his 50's and I was saying to myself wtf you cant see that.
I'm in my mid sixties now and when I go shopping because of vanity issues I dont take my glasses and I go home with fat free half and half, German Patato salad instead of deviled egg because some of the writing I cant make out. I'm getting old or my eyes are.

With a shot gun and you can have food on the table :).
I rather a DQ Buzzard.
Blizzard.jpg

In my younger days I could carry many bags of groceries from the car making one trip. Now, I take the perishables in first, rest & then finish up whenever my knees say its okay! :)

Ps: This usually requires several more trips! :D

Rome

Strangers stop to put the 55 lb bag of dog food in the car for me. Yes it's gotten heavier, and my Marantz 8 amp weighs ca 55 lbs.

Why is it that they've started to print instructions and safety warnings on...everything... using such a small typeface, you can't read it?

I mean even smaller than this.

Back
Top Bottom