Todays METAL playlist

Alice In Chains - Dirt

alice+in+chains+dirt.jpg

I saw Trouble on that tour, incredible show. I also caught Trouble last year, and they destroyed the place. They played a bunch of stuff off of this album. But my favorite song of the night was Run To The Light.

Now playing: Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

Opened for Savatage in a small club here called Dallas City Limits that year, was an excellent show (they sell a live cd of that Dallas show). Next one (Manic Frustration) they opened for a local band Pantera (Vulgar), they played some Sabbath together that night, another great show. Headlined at The Basement club on Plastic Green Head.

My cats name was Trouble.

Last edited:
So, 34 years ago tonight I went to my first ever metal gig, DIO's The Last In Line Tour, it was an early birthday present from my wonderful, and influential Uncle Steve.
My mum was nervous coz of all the rowdy metal heads, and I was a nipper at just 13 years and 358 days old.
I'd never heard of the support band, Queensrÿche before, but man did the whole set just blow me away, I was in awe at the sound and was an absolute instant fan, and have been ever since.
Then the master, Ronnie James Dio came on stage and of course blew everything away; the roof, seats, wigs and mullets.
Look at the ticket........could you imagine getting into a gig with a hand written ticket this day and age? What a night!

ozhdsDf.jpg

0Us0nSc.jpg

Last edited:
So, 34 years ago tonight I went to my first ever metal gig, DIO's The Last In Line Tour, it was an early birthday present from my wonderful, and influential Uncle Steve.
My mum was nervous coz of all the rowdy metal heads, and I was a nipper at just 13 years and 358 days old.
I'd never heard of the support band, Queensrÿche before, but man did the whole set just blow me away, I was in awe at the sound and was an absolute instant fan, and have been ever since.
Then the master, Ronnie James Dio came on stage and of course blew everything away; the roof, seats, wigs and mullets.
Look at the ticket........could you imagine getting into a gig with a hand written ticket this day and age? What a night!

ozhdsDf.jpg

0Us0nSc.jpg

That was a great DIO tour and IIRC he still had Viv Campbell @ lead geetar, yes? BTW the number "Last In Line" is among my all-time favourite numbers by any band, Metal or otherwise, and especially in the "live" setting.

Opened for Savatage in a small club here called Dallas City Limits that year, was an excellent show (they sell a live cd of that Dallas show). Next one (Manic Frustration) they opened for a local band Pantera (Vulgar), they played some Sabbath together that night, another great show. Headlined at The Basement club on Plastic Green Head.

My cats name was Trouble.

Listening to Trouble self-titled to start off Saturday

20180929_084142.jpg

Will throw some Dio on next.

ozhdsDf.jpg

0Us0nSc.jpg
SWEET!

Great album, big Cro- mags fan here. They opened up for Motorhead here at the legendary Harpo's in Detroit, on tour for Best Wishes album..... even without John Joseph they still rocked! A F**king great show.... a fond memory.....Cro-Mags....Motorhead...need I say more...I was in the pit the whole show. They just played here in the spring with John Joseph back at the helm.
Saw them tour Best Wishes as well. Memory is a bit foggy but I believe they played with Agnostic Front. Seeing them with Lemmy would have been cool!

Back
Top Bottom