Who's got a Drone?

I found the coolest little toy drone in the thrift, paid 2 bucks for it, came with a dead 0 volt lipo (I got it charging again and flying). Uses a smart phone for remote, has auto take off and land if need, altitude sensor and is stable as can be. You can also set maximum height.

I have 2 3DR Solos. I really like them but am looking for a DJI Phantom 4 Pro for the camera and obstacle
avoidance.

Laser guided GBU's and Hellfire missles
155897.bmp

Well I took out the drone for the first time after a soft crash when it got into a toilet bowl spin and the only real control was throttle. Flew it 4 times and everything went perfect. Go figure. Had some Swallowtail birds do some flyby's.

Here's some footage of the neighborhood. It does run long.

Last edited:
A couple of lads at work have new drones and we were looking at the films from them. The video quality was astonishing and they are extremely stable. The automatic follower functions (self flying) are really impressive as well. These cost around £800.00 each though.

I still haven't flown my DJI Mavic Pro, but I got another drone. It is a Parrot Anafi. I will have to find a place to fly them now because the Parrot is for review purposes. Of course, it rained the entire first weekend I had the thing.

Over here they are making legislation regarding use of drones.
Earlier this year a news reporter was prosecuted for using a drone to record a bush fire. It was posing a hazard to the fire fighting helicoptors.
I have no knowledge of these things but I can see one should excersise caution.

Over here they are making legislation regarding use of drones.
Earlier this year a news reporter was prosecuted for using a drone to record a bush fire. It was posing a hazard to the fire fighting helicoptors.
I have no knowledge of these things but I can see one should excersise caution.
As mentioned above, there are laws for commercial and personal use. They do have some new laws coming down the pike that make some things better and other things worse for drone pilots. The biggest problem is that they can't be used in national parks and most state parks in the US.

As mentioned in anothers reply, they can't be flow in national parks, but can also not be flown directly over people without special waivers. We must yield to all manned aircraft. An even if we are following all Aircraft rules we must make sure we are not breaking privacy laws. i.e not taking pictures of people where they have an expectation of privacy

I finally got my DJ Mavic Platinum and Parrot Anafi up in the air over the last couple of weekends. So much fun to record from this angle and review later. My preference is for the DJI since it is a bit more responsive, was a little more steady, and has obstacle avoidance built in..

That being said, we had 3 to 5 mile an hour winds and the Anafi was mostly very steady. The Anafi uses USB-C to charge, so that would be useful for some situations, but it is undermined by the fact that it charges fairly slowly. The HDR 4k looks too warm to my eyes, so hopefully, they fix that with an update down the road. I still have to test some of the other features, but I can see a purpose for both drones. I may sell one of them, but still trying to decide if it is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom