It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

What the...?

handcuffed.jpg

I remember back when I was an angry teen doing something like that from the inside. I was trying to shut the door and it wouldn't latch. It was freezing out, and my door latch would sometimes freeze. Usually I would just slam it a couple times and it'd free up. I slammed it a couple times and it just kept bouncing open. I was getting super pissed. I slammed it over and over, growling louder and louder, slamming harder and harder, until it finally latched.

When I got to work, and I opened the door, I noticed that the bottom of the door was bent up and my snow-scraper brush was sticking out!

wojtek-the-bear-soldier-w800.jpg

Private (later Corporal) Wojtek of the 22nd Artillery Supply Company of the Polish Army WWII.
Private Wojtek was recruited (purchased) at a train station in Iran as a cub. He accompanied his unit in the Middle East and eventually Italy.
During the Battle of Monte Cassino Private Wojtek, seeing his fellow soldiers carry ammunition, stepped in and helped transport same.
The image of the ammo-carrying bear was adopted as the company insignia.
after the war he was discharged and assigned to a zoo in Edinburgh Scotland where he lived a long happy life, often visited by his former comrades.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)

I remember back when I was an angry teen doing something like that from the inside. I was trying to shut the door and it wouldn't latch. It was freezing out, and my door latch would sometimes freeze. Usually I would just slam it a couple times and it'd free up. I slammed it a couple times and it just kept bouncing open. I was getting super pissed. I slammed it over and over, growling louder and louder, slamming harder and harder, until it finally latched.

When I got to work, and I opened the door, I noticed that the bottom of the door was bent up and my snow-scraper brush was sticking out!
I was also very impulsive and agressive when I was young.

When I was about 20, I was working on my motorcycle engine. I dropped a screw from the camshaft gear/sprocket down into the crankcase. To try and see it better, I foolishly turned the crankshaft a bit and felt the screw get crushed between the cam chain and crankshaft.

I was sooo close to destroying the whole engine with a hammer; I had it in my hand raised over my head.

I have long since outgrown such behaviour :)

edit: I just remembered something that happened when I was 16.

I was driving my dad´s ´69 (?) Toyota Corolla, which me and my friends called the "Bondo Mobile", and I couldn´t get the gear enaged. I repeatedly hit the shift lever forward, HARD, until it just broke off :(

I clamped a visegrip on the stump that was left to drive to school. :)

A friend of mine later welded it back together :)

In 2015 we are all going to have flying cars powered by fusion reactors using garbage for fuel. I can hardly wait!
Can you imagine what it will be like when all the bay area folks who drive loozer croozers sell them and buy flying cars?

wojtek-the-bear-soldier-w800.jpg

Private (later Corporal) Wojtek of the 22nd Artillery Supply Company of the Polish Army WWII.
Private Wojtek was recruited (purchased) at a train station in Iran as a cub. He accompanied his unit in the Middle East and eventually Italy.
During the Battle of Monte Cassino Private Wojtek, seeing his fellow soldiers carry ammunition, stepped in and helped transport same.
The image of the ammo-carrying bear was adopted as the company insignia.
after the war he was discharged and assigned to a zoo in Edinburgh Scotland where he lived a long happy life, often visited by his former comrades.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_(bear)

He (Wojtek) also like drinking beer, getting totally tipsy on one bottle. The locals in the Middle East (my dad referred to them as Arabs, probably to distinguish them from the Jewish population) were scared shi#%ess of him. Best watchdog any army unit could have.

Back
Top Bottom