Todays METAL playlist

Listening via YouTube to Blitzkrieg's 1995 release Unholy Trinity. Never heard it before. It was originally released by Neat Metal on compact disc. It just recently saw it's first vinyl release.
Kinda funny when 2XLP blue vinyl is cheaper than CD.
s-l1600.jpg

Sadly one of 2 records stolen at a house party I had in the 80's.:yikes: :(:mad::thumbsdown::rant::wtf:
Whoever committed that crime will hopefully pay for it ten fold. They did have good taste though.
What was the other one that was stolen that night?

Oddly, the Angel Witch debut album first press isn't too overtly expensive. Highest price ever paid on Discogs is $63.48

The CD re-issues are well worth seeking out. My 1998 UK import has six bonus tracks compiled from various singles and the Metal For Muthas album along with a copiously detailed booklet.
https://www.discogs.com/Angel-Witch-Angel-Witch/release/10992023
068.jpg

Whoever committed that crime will hopefully pay for it ten fold. They did have good taste though.
What was the other one that was stolen that night?

Oddly, the Angel Witch debut album first press isn't too overtly expensive. Highest price ever paid on Discogs is $63.48

The CD re-issues are well worth seeking out. My 1998 UK import has six bonus tracks compiled from various singles and the Metal For Muthas album along with a copiously detailed booklet.
https://www.discogs.com/Angel-Witch-Angel-Witch/release/10992023
068.jpg

The other record was a Number of the Beast picture disc. :rant::wtf:

I shall remain calm!:mad:.......haha

Think that maybe I should put that Angel Witch record on the the Christmas wish list when the wife comes asking what I want. With subscriptions to Prog, Record Collector & Livin' Blues mags its time to switch it up a bit.

Think that maybe I should put that Angel Witch record on the the Christmas wish list when the wife comes asking what I want. With subscriptions to Prog, Record Collector & Livin' Blues mags its time to switch it up a bit.
Go for it!
In all honesty, for me, The Angel Witch debut album is perhaps the most important album in the bridge between the original era of Sabbath, Purple, Zeppelin, UFO, etc and everything we've come to know as Heavy Metal today.
Ask me again tomorrow and I might say that Raven's debut album, Rock Until You Drop was the most important album. I waffle.
010.jpg

Ooh, that's even worse than I imagined. Angel Witch and Maiden!!!!
014.jpg

Got over it long ago.

Got my health, a respectable stereo/music/vinyl collection, a tolerant wife, a 4 year old that drives me nuts, 110 lbs dog that craps all over the yard but....... Life could be worse. I don't fret over a couple of lost records.

Great Maiden Vinyl collage. Just might have to play me some.

Got over it long ago.
Got my health, a respectable stereo/music/vinyl collection, a tolerant wife, a 4 year old that drives me nuts, 110 lbs dog that craps all over the yard but....... Life could be worse. I don't fret over a couple of lost records.
Great Maiden Vinyl collage. Just might have to play me some.
Right, vinyl comes after family and health...directly after family and health:rflmao:
I've got five twelve pound dogs that crap all over the yard. Wanna trade?
A four year old!!! New respect coming your way.

I'd play some Maiden right now, but I'm onto Angel Witch's third album, Frontal Assault, which should shut me down for the night.
https://www.discogs.com/Angel-Witch-Frontal-Assault/master/982569
018.jpg

Something a little different; Bow Wow and their 2nd release, Charge from 1977.

Putting my head back to '77 when I started listening to rock/metal et al, this would have been a great release to listen to. There is some really great guitar work and riffs going on, and the few songs sung in the native language don't distract. There is a fair bit of surf rock sound going on, though, and then suddenly you get some Sabbath-inspired guitar work! They are a thousand miles away from their huge tracks of Hurricane, Beat of Metal Motion, Shot In The Dark etc, but still great to hear where they came from.

Anyway, grabbed this Japanese pressing/release at the bi-annual record fair here in Edmonton.

kKOTjRX.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly the most complete album from these guys (?) , at least IMO. Sure Panama, Jump & Hot For Teacher get all the plaudits, but Drop Dead Legs is a pure riff monster! This was a welcome release from the disaster that was Diver Down! I'll Wait was surely a sign of times to come.

But this album is pure Diamond!

PIqpeuE.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom