Garage Sale Find

husar

Hello everyone. My wife came home and today and said she bought some vinyl at a garage sale. About 14 albums fro $60. I was expecting the normal garage sale caliber records. I asked if there were any more records and what they had since her lot has 3 Beatles albums in M- condition that appear to be really old plus a lost more. I knew based on what she had bought I needed to go see what was left. As I ran out the door she said, "Hey, he has a turntable there too." I stopped and ask if she remembered the brand. "Sowie", or something like that. Oh boy.

I drove over to the bank and grabbed some cash since I didn't have any on me. I get to the garage sale and no one is there buying anything. I say I am here for the records, my wife was just here and bought some. I pick out about 2 albums and look over to see a turntable all dusty. I stopped looking at records and ask how much for the turntable and if it works. He said it worked about 5 years ago when he put it away in storage.

I am interested.

He grabs an extension cords, I carry the turnable over to the cord and we power it up. The table is heavy as hell. Yep, it work.

I asl how much for it. I am quoting him here just for the record. "Oh, I don't know. How does $50 sound?" Scratching my head, I say deal! I then say, Let me pick out some some more records and I will give you $100. I ended up with 10 record and the turntable.

$100 Done deal. I load it up and drive off.

Now, I know based on the weight of the table I got a dea on something. But in all honesty I have never looked at this brand before for turntables. I currently own at Kenwood KD-2077 that I bought for $50. The tables I am used to owning don't weight this much so I drive home and jump on Google right away.

I type in....

S.. a... n.. s... u.. i.. S... R.. -... 6... 3... 6..

Okay, I got a really, really, really good deal. I feel really bad about it now and good all at the same time.

I unhooked my Kenwood KD-2077 and get the Sansui setup. It works like a dream. no issue what so ever so far. By that I mean in the last hour.

Other than a crack in the top cover the Sansui SR-636 is in mint condition. I mean MINT!

Check out the photos. I haven't even cleaned off the dust from it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_7913.JPG
    IMG_7913.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_5291.JPG
    IMG_5291.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_2866.JPG
    IMG_2866.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_1885.JPG
    IMG_1885.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_4890.JPG
    IMG_4890.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_9841.JPG
    IMG_9841.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 352
Excellent table, I have one, and looks NM. Check prices on the bay to see what a value you got.

That's a great looking deck, what cartridge came with it? And, what about the rest of the haul - what LP's did you get?

BTW - as you probably already know, you owe your wife... big time.

These stories are great encouragement for those of us that have hit a dry spell.

That's a great looking deck, what cartridge came with it? And, what about the rest of the haul - what LP's did you get?

BTW - as you probably already know, you owe your wife... big time.

These stories are great encouragement for those of us that have hit a dry spell.
Yes, I own her big time for this one. Here are all the LPs I picked up. Hight end on Discoig is $600. The beatles LPs along are worth it. Excellent haul!

Notable things to point out on the LP haul. Empire album as the full color book in it. The Purple Rain has the original post in it. The Zeppelin might be special since I can't find the label id anyplace on the outter or inner sleeve. I paid $5 each for them. Discog has the hight end value at just under $600. Medium value is just over $200.

New TT and new LPs. Hells yea!

Hello everyone. My wife came home and today and said she bought some vinyl at a garage sale. About 14 albums fro $60. I was expecting the normal garage sale caliber records. I asked if there were any more records and what they had since her lot has 3 Beatles albums in M- condition that appear to be really old plus a lost more. I knew based on what she had bought I needed to go see what was left. As I ran out the door she said, "Hey, he has a turntable there too." I stopped and ask if she remembered the brand. "Sowie", or something like that. Oh boy.

I drove over to the bank and grabbed some cash since I didn't have any on me. I get to the garage sale and no one is there buying anything. I say I am here for the records, my wife was just here and bought some. I pick out about 2 albums and look over to see a turntable all dusty. I stopped looking at records and ask how much for the turntable and if it works. He said it worked about 5 years ago when he put it away in storage.

I am interested.

He grabs an extension cords, I carry the turnable over to the cord and we power it up. The table is heavy as hell. Yep, it work.

I asl how much for it. I am quoting him here just for the record. "Oh, I don't know. How does $50 sound?" Scratching my head, I say deal! I then say, Let me pick out some some more records and I will give you $100. I ended up with 10 record and the turntable.

$100 Done deal. I load it up and drive off.

Now, I know based on the weight of the table I got a dea on something. But in all honesty I have never looked at this brand before for turntables. I currently own at Kenwood KD-2077 that I bought for $50. The tables I am used to owning don't weight this much so I drive home and jump on Google right away.

I type in....

S.. a... n.. s... u.. i.. S... R.. -... 6... 3... 6..

Okay, I got a really, really, really good deal. I feel really bad about it now and good all at the same time.

I unhooked my Kenwood KD-2077 and get the Sansui setup. It works like a dream. no issue what so ever so far. By that I mean in the last hour.

Other than a crack in the top cover the Sansui SR-636 is in mint condition. I mean MINT!

Check out the photos. I haven't even cleaned off the dust from it yet.
I love Sansui Turntables

Did you ask about any other gear? Jheeze if they had that tt and such good grade vinyl who knows what the rest of the system was?

Awesome turntable! The record haul looks like the garage sale my kids would have after they pried the LPs from my cold dead hands. Just kidding. I'm hoping they let me take them through the pearly gates with me. Of course, if I wind up in the other place they'll warp terribly...

Back
Top Bottom