Klipsch icon?

ultumax

I was wondering does anyone have there or heard them?
They sound good not sure how I’m supposed to position the towers I have the about 6-7 feet apart need a better chair tweeter are below ear level by 1 foot.

I’m currently using 5 ch icon set up and 2 of pioneer as side surrounds, klipsch bookshelf icon as rear.
:banana:
are icon low end klipch or mid?
Best Buy discontinued them for for reference. Line wish I woulda waited another year or so.
any info or opinions on these speakers hello?:bigok:

Last edited:
HAS. No one ever heard this speaker line before ? Or owned any
Or have any information on them ?
Driver quality etc ??
Wish I coulda afforded something higher end :banana:
No ehelp or anything? Are these like unknown to klipsch fans ???

Last edited:
Not a lot of actual reviews of these. Seem like a cheaper precursor to the Reference line, not super cheap and what online reviews I could find people seem to like them. Since you own them how about giving us your review?

I've never heard the Icons, so I don't have an opinion on sound quality. I was interested in them for a while because of their new horn but lost interest after seeing them in person. They seem more cheaply made than other series.

There are actually 2 versions o f the Icons, one is extremely good and has kevlar drivers. The other one is from Best Buy and is basically the Synergy line. The Icon with Kevlar is on a different plain from the Icon from Best Buy. I have the Icon from Best Buy, plus Synergy from the 90's. I also have the KG line, RF line and KLF line. The Best Buy versions are not bad speakers in their own right and are very efficient. Enjoy them for what they are, Home Theater speakers. They don't sound bad for music, but are better with HT. All of Best Buy's versions are just rebadged Synergy lines. So they will have the aluminum tweeter driver and a plastic woofer driver (or plastic like). If you want to use them for 2 channel music, try them with a tube amp.

A0D0ACA6-8D9B-459A-97A7-42FE1A8F464D.jpeg
There are actually 2 versions o f the Icons, one is extremely good and has kevlar drivers. The other one is from Best Buy and is basically the Synergy line. The Icon with Kevlar is on a different plain from the Icon from Best Buy. I have the Icon from Best Buy, plus Synergy from the 90's. I also have the KG line, RF line and KLF line. The Best Buy versions are not bad speakers in their own right and are very efficient. Enjoy them for what they are, Home Theater speakers. They don't sound bad for music, but are better with HT. All of Best Buy's versions are just rebadged Synergy lines. So they will have the aluminum tweeter driver and a plastic woofer driver (or plastic like). If you want to use them for 2 channel music, try them with a tube amp.
O well they discontinued the first line of icon a while back , I got mine on sale so was a lot of bang for the buck budget.
These are my speakers https://www.klipsch.com/klipsch-icon-speakers
And the new version of my speakers a fake version of reference , but exactly same material as mine . With different colored woofers same material.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/klipsc...f-speakers-pair-black/6241808.p?skuId=6241808
I was mad I didn’t wait for reference then realized they’re same. Haha
Sound is excellent for then cheap prices , I only don’t like the center and much it struggles. Only hits 80-100 hz for a center, no real bass.
Center Is not horrible but needs adjustments & perfect placement.
Can’t complain on price I paid but why img woofers just a type of composite plastic u said?
Shame klipsch went so cheap.:(
Are my pioneer Andrew Jones floorstanders a better material?

Last edited:
What is a Img woofer? And are aluminum traxic horn horn there low end?
https://www.klipsch.com/products/kb-15-bookshelf-speakers-pair
Still good sounds entry level speaker , I wanted reference 2 but they were out of budget at the time.

Last edited:
If doing anything from best buy type stores the will be the same, just different packaging. Reference 2 if not mistaken have the rubberized horns .

The icon series posted are different from the other icon series. These are just the synergy series re badged and reboxed. So these are basically entry level, but still not a bad speaker.

IMG is Injection Molded Graphite...some of the diaphragms are phenolic, some aluminum and some Titanium...how do they sound???

Bill

It looks like the Icon series is a slightly cheaper version of the Reference Premiere speakers. They are black vinyl only and don’t go quite as low as the RPs. Evidently Best Buy wanted a lower cost version to sell to their customers.

What is a Img woofer? And are aluminum traxic horn horn there low end?
https://www.klipsch.com/products/kb-15-bookshelf-speakers-pair
Still good sounds entry level speaker , I wanted reference 2 but they were out of budget at the time.
Aluminum tweeter diaphragms are much better than titanium diaphragms if that means anything to you. The initial breakup mode of an aluminum diaphragm is much higher than a titanium diaphragm, too bad Klipsch went ti for all their later tweeter and mid diaphragms they are cheaper than aluminum but not as good. The tweeters in the Epic CF3/4 both used neo driven aluminum diaphragms. The EV DH1506 is also an aluminum diaphragm driver that's and why I recommend it as an upgrade for the CF3/4 (in addition to a host of other reasons).

IMG is Injection Molded Graphite...some of the diaphragms are phenolic, some aluminum and some Titanium...how do they sound???

Bill
They sound pretty good , but I am using a quality receiver onkyo 818 . The center sometimes I dislike but overall it gets the job done. Excellent for a budget system no doubt sure if can’t compete with higher end brands and there ribbon tweeter or that fancy stuff .
Bass is fine from towers tho duel 6.5, sub does all the real deep bass it’s not klipsch tho .
I wanted new at the time probably could had for more bang for buck buying used tho .

It’s perfect for a bedroom system tho possibly overkill sometimes .
I’ve not heard many higher end brands and except Martin Logan electrostatic with woofer on bottom . And energy was decent tho not any better then klipsch. Def tech towers were good sounding but too pricey for me and I don’t. Neeed extra subs my 15” & 10” are fine .

glad you are enjoying them...there are so many other Klipsch models that move farther up the chain...I don't know that I'd spend any money on Klipsch sub woofers as there are much better choices out there at least at the affordable range...I've not heard a Home Theater receiver that I like as much as most any Stereo Receiver (or Mono)...good luck and enjoy!

Bill

Back
Top Bottom