Nomenclature : is the sansui AUD707X DECADE the same as AUD 11 II ???

quadklipsh

I know i could have gone through the literature of sansui but i simply wanted the quick and authentic reply before the purchase .
The tech just told me that he has seen the aud 707x and it is likely the decade model.
Is that a bad thing ?
I have concerns that i should get the aud11II and non else .
I donot want to buy L extra , G extra , decade or the F series.
Guidance plz.

Is there a difference of sound quality in these later anniversary models ?
What are the G L and F letters for . Some with decade some with extra

My two cents...
The AU-D11 II is a special version of the AU-D707X. The main difference is the speaker impedance selection option which is not present in the D707X. There appear to be some other differences between the AU-D11 II and the AU-D707X but I doubt they make any impact on the sound. Another amplifier closely related to these two is the AU-G90X. The AU-D707X Decade is a remake of the AU-707X released ten years after the release of the 07 series (which spans a huge range of models). The AU-D707X Decade is esentialy identical to the AUD-707X, but uses an EI type transformer and a mixture of two kinds of electrolytic capacitors for the main filter. In addition, there are cosmetic changes, and cost saving details on the front panel and knobs. I have an AU-D707X Decade which i briefly tested and the sound is similar to my AU-D907. The X versions (but not the AU-X1-X11) use x-balanced circuit and none of the speaker outputs are grounded (both are driven 180 degree out of of phase but each use a push-pull pair of transistors). They also use the diamond differential stage before the drivers.The 07F and 07G versions feature a feed forward circuit and also use the diamond differential stage before the driver stage. The oputput of these amplifiers does not have both terminals "hot and cold" driven like the 07X series.
(Some info in hi-fi Engine) I do not know what "Extra" means, but it seems to me that it reffers to a little more power output. the 07F and G are related to the AU-D9 and AU-D11 in the international market.

It is interesting to notice that while the AU-D11 II amplifier is relatively uncommon, the 707X is quite common in the asian market, (Japan, Vietnam, Thailand Taiwan Hong-Kong and Malasia) To a smaller extent the 707X Decade is also relatively easy to find in these markets. The F and G versions are somehow cheaper than the X versions (In these markets you can get these units used but in decent shape for less than 200USD). The X versions are a bit more expensive (ca. 50%).

Josehh
Thanks for this very interesting account.
My colleague told me he has never liked the au x07 G series sansui amps because they sound quute shaby . The F are further better than G and the X series are beautiful machines .
My other fellow told me last night that he would not invest in sansui or japanese amps anymore as they sound different from the british amps like rega and quads .
This aud11II has so many good reviews that i have to try it

the X series are beautiful machines .
Indeed they are. If you want to have a small selection of the various circuit topologies used by Sansui, then, the AU-D11II or the AU-D707X -albeit very complex- certainly is one of finest and one you have to count in such collection.

This aud11II has so many good reviews that i have to try it
IMy expectation is that if you decide to buy the AU-D707X decade you will not regret it. Needles to say, please be sure to listen to the unit and also try to take a look inside if at all possible.
Laslty, Hyperion and others in this forum have published a vast amount of restoration advice, good details and upgrades on this particular kind of amplifier that you may want to take a look at, and consider, should you decide to get it.

Yes.sure.
My tech will run the aud707x tonight . He was busy last night with the 907 imos limited that got working again. Thanks God.
My sansui aud 707x would sound like a mix between the two textures of sounds . The laid back n relaxed vintage and the clinical and studio grade accurate alpha.
Cant wait to put my ears to it

Back
Top Bottom