AK Retiree Club

The ground got wet with rain where I live, but nothing appreciable.

I've been fighting clothes moths in my oldest son's room. He's gone to college, so I put a quarantine order for the rest of house to leave his door closed while I try to wage a war of extermination.

I think I finally have the upper hand. I now get to do a deep cleaning and plan for a repainting and carpet cleaning - boys are messy.

We do have plans to go out for sushi later for an early dinner - been looking forward to that.

Out having a coffee while I run a few errands. Looks like it's gonna be a rainy day and if it stays this way I'm going to clean some of my backlog of vinyl. Need to photo some of the new aquasistions also. If it clears up I need to do some yard work, man I hope it rains ;)

We could use some of that rain here south of LA. The remains of Hurricane Rosa keep threatening but so far we've got nada. Maybe tomorrow.

We had the wettest Aug. on record and Sept. couldn't have been far behind. Since the beginning of Sept. I have to mow as much as spring time . I mean it looks nice but come on, enough's enough . Better than snow though so I should bite my lip

Yep, retirement is great. Friday is MY day off. Had breakfast in town, found 8 CDs at the thrifts and plan on a beer with friends at a local tavern this evening.
M-Thurs is gym and yard work/house chores mostly. Found a "right-of-way" mulch stash and I've loaded and spread 9 short-bed truck loads in 1.5 weeks.
Sat. and Sun. is "quality" time with my wife who still works full time.

As a retired state employee my insurance (Medicare Advantage plan) is free. Had rotator cuff repair and bicep reattachment in 2014, then repeat for other shoulder in 2016. The total out of pocket cost for me was $300-400 each. And despite the long recovery time needed for recovery, the surgeries were very successful. Benched 2(8 reps at 185lbs) and more up to 205 yesterday :thumbsup:

Roger
Oh, coming up shortly is a two-week trip to Oregon :)

Yep, retirement is great. Friday is MY day off. Had breakfast in town, found 8 CDs at the thrifts and plan on a beer with friends at a local tavern this evening.
M-Thurs is gym and yard work/house chores :)
Man I'm not seeing the CD dump around here like I expected. Maybe it hasn't peaked yet :dunno:

Man I'm not seeing the CD dump around here like I expected. Maybe it hasn't peaked yet :dunno:

Interesting. CD dump has been continuous in my area for 3-4 years. I keep thinking it will end but it doesn't. I've grabbed hundreds at a buck a pop and frequently purchase duplicates to give to friends . . . spread the karma :music:

I lost my grandparents all before I was born. I never understood why I would hear all the kids talk about their grandparents and I didn't have any. What you did for that boy was very important for him. You are a kind and thoughtful man for your assisting that child. I know how he feels.

Did a 20 mile bike ride to HB dog beach today. Lots going on in Huntington with the air show next weekend and Sammy Hagar on State Beach tonight with a car show and some moto action. The gates opened at 11:30. When I rode by a couple hours ago the line was a half mile long! It seems the ticket scanners weren’t working right. Got to admire the stamina of his mostly 40-50 something audience. Maybe it’s the Cabo Wabo tequila.

Did a 20 mile bike ride to HB dog beach today. Lots going on in Huntington with the air show next weekend and Sammy Hagar on State Beach tonight with a car show and some moto action. The gates opened at 11:30. When I rode by a couple hours ago the line was a half mile long! It seems the ticket scanners weren’t working right. Got to admire the stamina of his mostly 40-50 something audience. Maybe it’s the Cabo Wabo tequila.
What kind of bike are you ridin?

An old Electra Townie 8i. Basically a 700C commuter version with Shimano 8 speed hub, dynamo & roller brakes. Maintenance free except for chain lube and tires over the last 10 years and 5,000 miles. By running tandem tires I hardly get any flats. The semi-recumbent layout is easy on my back. I feel great that I can still do 20-30 mile rides with 2 metal knees, a metal hip and four 7.5 mm x 52 mm bolts and rods in my back. It’s a keeper.

An old Electra Townie 8i. Basically a 700C commuter version with Shimano 8 speed hub, dynamo & roller brakes. Maintenance free except for chain lube and tires over the last 10 years and 5,000 miles. By running tandem tires I hardly get any flats. The semi-recumbent layout is easy on my back. I feel great that I can still do 20-30 mile rides with 2 metal knees, a metal hip and four 7.5 mm x 52 mm bolts and rods in my back. It’s a keeper.
Bionic Man

Went to the Maui Fair and learned to fly.

Sdt2ZWwCfm1uISOvC-U1TWws4N8e1kupBYOSTK5lQI2-ZZUVO0LEucdlMDi5-T22-VOLZG0bS5N1SagL3grpb7SrajwE6g6gzETBVwEwQOd38WYDkWr5b0hJHDv7hd5TrG333BUhkkjxy3CgkTKZhSQSHZg9AnIDXr4o-5E1YV-R7CaTCWTRz9f4JldcDB4PaTOKSDOx6w4HL0vFaP0LowUtbRFTlA1sDOq2fpcqP8bUV4uw2DdiUoKYxo8hNAvFdKV2lP7VWCOdeKJHJ1mPPP1YzWV7_28mHWFtNr5ArPXv4mNTZwOG6344ZmqFZc20OsjIs5_3SQdccpP57a5fkqvx3VzJluBADwWq5pYCs3bdWPqNuWfKOMRjL1a-D5Cuxnt33AJ3sN2ZegyZudnOWSKrtKrdwYm9CBFRcm3AZGmdZJ4uxlQJoPKhHPmzPpqsUKAtaIGDcmJqaHwslEVVRgoogeTKOw7o72dkJnzuiJhhkWKvCP9thfBu9A4EseFoHPL5sFm-IoamiGU7OjiSxP3gVX4iKAUu-gKKDVEUp975lUJDQhwqi7CgTLGqL_D2G_WcgVyz4hPHSqmijij1z-qq9EcNgAen7ed6lyB0SugVLpHUqgSBfK4V2PxVCSQ=w1250-h833-no

Went to the Maui Fair and learned to fly.

Sdt2ZWwCfm1uISOvC-U1TWws4N8e1kupBYOSTK5lQI2-ZZUVO0LEucdlMDi5-T22-VOLZG0bS5N1SagL3grpb7SrajwE6g6gzETBVwEwQOd38WYDkWr5b0hJHDv7hd5TrG333BUhkkjxy3CgkTKZhSQSHZg9AnIDXr4o-5E1YV-R7CaTCWTRz9f4JldcDB4PaTOKSDOx6w4HL0vFaP0LowUtbRFTlA1sDOq2fpcqP8bUV4uw2DdiUoKYxo8hNAvFdKV2lP7VWCOdeKJHJ1mPPP1YzWV7_28mHWFtNr5ArPXv4mNTZwOG6344ZmqFZc20OsjIs5_3SQdccpP57a5fkqvx3VzJluBADwWq5pYCs3bdWPqNuWfKOMRjL1a-D5Cuxnt33AJ3sN2ZegyZudnOWSKrtKrdwYm9CBFRcm3AZGmdZJ4uxlQJoPKhHPmzPpqsUKAtaIGDcmJqaHwslEVVRgoogeTKOw7o72dkJnzuiJhhkWKvCP9thfBu9A4EseFoHPL5sFm-IoamiGU7OjiSxP3gVX4iKAUu-gKKDVEUp975lUJDQhwqi7CgTLGqL_D2G_WcgVyz4hPHSqmijij1z-qq9EcNgAen7ed6lyB0SugVLpHUqgSBfK4V2PxVCSQ=w1250-h833-no
I don't like hights but a long time ago at Cedar Point,OH I rode one of those thinking it wouldn't be too scary, wrong. Once the thing got up to speed the chairs were swinging way out wide and the roof the chairs were suspended from was tilting high and low as it went around. So I had a death grip on the chains and my eyes closed. I may or may not have ingested something which added to the experience.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom