AK Retiree Club

I don't like hights but a long time ago at Cedar Point,OH I rode one of those thinking it wouldn't be too scary, wrong. Once the thing got up to speed the chairs were swinging way out wide and the roof the chairs were suspended from was tilting high and low as it went around. So I had a death grip on the chains and my eyes closed. I may or may not have ingested something which added to the experience.:confused:
Most fear is just in your head. Click, enlarge and check out the expression on the faces. :)

zqdCT0nHkUxlIWuck3M4G0sfoOvHaX0FidKBA3BZqc55HBaSwi_TfzM8CXCwnmIufIlbm7RzscKIxv5urBbSw_hae-hp5PqT2JguGeZcKITfSCWlY7QoEZlfLBfoF6cYwe2nc-nou4nntYPS5hsLqqgiQ_PVgoEQXXY5fFzx9K08MdNKe5jWMM9_59zHznU51VgaXy4A7geFF3JDG77CsBtG_uCHhdXUh3Js8HwzHPlioyqzN6Fb-Jd_7vd8FFA-xVOFjyRwFkSWUQEdAxTnPxkQuuBVeZVJT6o4D_Jj2YHSht3fE1VuHtCNxMINNrLM08gW3aXCB3VD0YZPT2Hr49l6-bbZg6B5GEwtE1Itqb-YAvfqgpJx81b4mBKsGP-dO5JG2qeuRx83_865m823H19TEB1V0yzvMhxQlLJxfBd-s7YHmefcuo64-bhvwpoCovq3Lg29jqBhleSiGCjcw_9MVRSv1ApipUBUJz2er_HGnMCZcEiRtIDN_KUYYafF9F9f1FZvRFOak9dj6rcGa8g7xpj4hCrMvlrQeVF648YAex_r1I7bXWQEj70_DQMjN7JNuHE7LtgOxLJavagARG2ULGM2esHXYu3ToHaV2X4yt8elMXa2DC9ObmsA2vE=w1250-h834-no

All fear is in your mind, I get queasy watching someone climbing out on a ledge on TV :eek:

I understand parman, but with some of my male friends & myself, it`s not the queasy effect, but a painful aching sensation in the scrotum when exposed to, or sometimes viewing greatly elevated heights, like video`s of those guys who climb really tall radio/television towers to change the beacon lamps with their helmet camera running !!

But flying doesn`t have the same effect, go figure ! :dunno:

I hope that above statement was not perceived as TMI !! LOL !! :crazy:

I understand parman, but with some of my male friends & myself, it`s not the queasy effect, but a painful aching sensation in the scrotum when exposed to, or sometimes viewing greatly elevated heights, like video`s of those guys who climb really tall radio/television towers to change the beacon lamps with their helmet camera running !!

But flying doesn`t have the same effect, go figure ! :dunno:

I hope that above statement was not perceived as TMI !! LOL !! :crazy:
I know just what you're saying, I have had chest pains watching stuff like that. Saw a video on this site once of maintenance guys working on that statue of Jesus that overlooks Rio. Chest Pains!

The opening of Cliffhanger nearly made me leave the theatre. Which is weird since I love roller coasters. Then again I hate straight drops like the parachute rides. Not so with my son the HALO jumper.

Well all my stocks have been taking a serious beating the past week or so. Again today, everything is down except for two of three pot stocks. It's weird how that works.

Went running and swimming at the beach last night at dusk. Something about running on the beach, energizes you. That and the young women giving you a smile. I also saw 6 honu (sea turtles).

And yesterday, I drew this "torch ginger" for a hotel project on Oahu. It's not complete and still in the works.

ginger2-01.jpg

Went for a ride this afternoon, it was cloudy but the weather App said no rain till tonight. I rode a shorter route than I intended for some reason. Anyway I got home after about a hour and a half and just as I hit the drive way I felt a few sprinkles. By time I opened the garage door and got inside here came the rain. Been raining now for more than a hour. If I would have taken the route I was originally thinking of it would have been a wet muddy trip home!
Sometimes you just get lucky!

I'm about to head out to the beach on my bike. There and back will be 10 mi or if I go to the pier it will be 16 mi. There will be more smiles from the young girls along the resort strip leading to and at the pier. No rain in the forecast, just bikinis and roller bladers for incentive.

Well all my stocks have been taking a serious beating the past week or so. Again today, everything is down except for two of three pot stocks. It's weird how that works.

Went running and swimming at the beach last night at dusk. Something about running on the beach, energizes you. That and the young women giving you a smile. I also saw 6 honu (sea turtles).

And yesterday, I drew this "torch ginger" for a hotel project on Oahu. It's not complete and still in the works.

View attachment 1301782

Wow !! One pixel, my stock portfolio has been steadily rising, as least the last two quarters, or probably more !!
I leave my Financial adviser alone, and don`t ask him to change his running of my stock portfolio setup..
He ran my father`s portfolio for 10 years, prior to his demise, and my father was a "bean counter" for Southern Bell for 37 years(Inventory & cost engineer for most of those 37 years) with a degree from GA. TECH in business.
And after he passed in Oct. of 2007, unlike my two sisters, I readily turned over my 1/3rd portion of my $ 460,00.00inheritance back into my FA`s care to run it as he had impressed my anal bean counting, stock market monitoring father.

While my sisters took their "money" and put it in the bank..
Yes I took a small hit when the bubble burst in 2008, but I felt it would recover, and didn`t freak out by pulling the plug(cashing out).
And it has to now over currently ~ $ 800,000.00..

This(my) guy knows his stuff, so I don`t mess with him, at all, especially when the market fluctuate`s downward.

It`s not my pay check anyway, as I`ve been on a medical malpractice lawsuit annuity since 1986, and I have not drawn one penny since, I consider myself as, a steward of my father`s original stock market investment and, let it run as my guy see`s fit. .

Last edited:
I spent most of the day watching a real nasty hurricane on the online radar. All I can say is the great majority of those on the Wester Florida Gulf Coast were very lucky today, myself included. I have not yet seen the pic from the Panhandle yet, but I know they are going to be horrible.

Back
Top Bottom