RMAF 2018 Denver

I hope to be there on Oct. 5. I normally attend all 3 days (and have since the 1st RMAF), but this year I have a business trip (Europe) in the way - arghhh.

Currently planning to attend in 2019. Will likely drive from CA. Hope I can get over Vale Pass in October.

Hope you're there then too.

And the news on the "cool new model" being shown?

Larry

Hi Ron,
Any McIntosh news from the show? Radio silence. I’ve learned you usually have to beg to get info from Mc on anything new. So....I’m begging. Any pics from the show? Thx

I stopped by both rooms but nothing stood out frankly. The only thing new were some Sonus Faber speakers they were showing off. Everything else looks to be normal production stuff.

Currently planning to attend in 2019. Will likely drive from CA. Hope I can get over Vale Pass in October.

Hope you're there then too.

Good news! It looks like next year you’ll be making the trip in early September instead!

Good news! It looks like next year you’ll be making the trip in early September instead!

Thanks for the heads-up. Yep, September will work better for me.

According to this Stereophile article, RMAF will be at a new venue in 2019, a huge, new place out in the middle of nowhere by the airport called Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center which will open in December 2018.

I can't confirm the date but did find one other reference (besides post 15 here) that it will be held on the first full weekend of Sept, which would be Sept 6 - 8, 2019.

In the first part of the Stereophile article about the new venue before I got to the location of the venue, I was hoping for someplace cool in the mountains or something but I guess they need to be near the airport and so isolated from everything else - although a bunch of other airport hotels are nearby. Here are a couple of pictures I took from the venue's website.

dengr-exterior-0002-hor-feat.jpg

dengr-bar-0012-hor-feat.jpg

I can't confirm the date but did find one other reference (besides post 15 here) that it will be held on the first full weekend of Sept, which would be Sept 6 - 8, 2019.

Yup, per the 2018 program (and some signage at the show) it is 6-8 Sep 2019 at Gaylord Rockies. I need to swing by the place to check it out when I have the chance. Been watching it being built since I got here 2 years ago and it was already big back then long before it was even finished.

Yup, per the 2018 program (and some signage at the show) it is 6-8 Sep 2019 at Gaylord Rockies. I need to swing by the place to check it out when I have the chance. Been watching it being built since I got here 2 years ago and it was already big back then long before it was even finished.

I wonder if the airport computer train will have a stop right at this venue. That would make for a convenient way to go downtown to tour for those flying in for RMAF and with no rental car needed. If the train does not stop at Gaylord, I guess a shuttle to the airport and transfer to the train would be needed - which would add a bunch of time to the trip. The airport commuter train goes right downtown to Union Station and the 16th Street Mall. Anyway . . .

I wonder if the airport computer train will have a stop right at this venue. That would make for a convenient way to go downtown to tour for those flying in for RMAF and with no rental car needed. If the train does not stop at Gaylord, I guess a shuttle to the airport and transfer to the train would be needed - which would add a bunch of time to the trip. The airport commuter train goes right downtown to Union Station and the 16th Street Mall. Anyway . . .

Not directly. The airport line doesn't stop at the hotel and there isn't a stop near it, but as I understand there will be a free shuttle service from some point along the line to the hotel.

Back
Top Bottom