Sansui 210 - Strange flash bang!

Hi smurfer,

Yes I do know, but it's OK I would much rather someone mentioned it - better to be safe than sorry. I know far less about this than I know.

I've ordered a 250v .02uf X2 ac interference suprression cap to replace the original.

My Caps arrived today. However, the value is incorrect (i'm sure I ordered 22nf). These are 22uf and not sure whether I can use them, or not? Please can someone advise?

Aside from that spec is correct.
Lx0wQvW.jpg

I installed the correct value and spec cap and have been running the amp most evenings for the last week. All is well, very pleased with such a humble little amp.

The only fault to occur is the concentric balance control was causing slight fuzz on one channel. It started to act funny where turning it all the way right would increase the volume and put the sound to the right channel. Turn to the left and it would distort and move the sound all the way to the left.

Having moved it from side to side several times and re centering the channels its performing fine again. I have no issues with the pots whatsoever, except for this little hiccup that seems to have cleared now.

Last edited:
I installed the correct value and spec cap and have been running the amp most evenings for the last week. All is well, very pleased with such a humble little amp.

The only fault to occur is the concentric balance control was causing slight fuzz on one channel. It started to act funny where turning it all the way right would increase the volume and put the sound to the right channel. Turn to the left and it would distort and move the sound all the way to the left.

Having moved it from side to side several times and re centering the channels its performing fine again. I have no issues with the pots whatsoever, except for this little hiccup that seems to have cleared now.

Brilliant news. I love those little sansui. Such big sounding little amps that embarass many a big amp.

Maybe excercise the balance back and forth 50 times or so with the power off to make sure the 'path is clear'. (Often i find exercise is all that is needed)

Back
Top Bottom