Today's JAZZ playlist

I nabbed a copy of that from a GW a few years ago, too. It gets a lot of play around here.
I tend to enjoy her earlier work the most. I need to revisit Bare Bones. It didn't really work for me back when it was released.
I still need to get to "Bare Bones". Took "Careless Love" with me to the garage. Picked up a Yamaha HTR 5550 from the same GW yesterday. After playing about 30 minutes the volume control got wonky. A you tube video showed me how to take the volume decoder apart and clean and relube. Repair was a success. Been playing and twisting the volume for awhile now. Got the local country station playing. No local jazz on the airwaves around here;)
happyd2 (1).gif

Been Lazy Today.

Listened to all my Sunday recordings. 4 hours of "Nigh Train" @WLRN and 2 hours of "Legends of Jazz" with Ramsey Lewis @WDCB.

Now streaming @CJRT Toronto. Will just keep it here through Dinner Jazz that ends at 9 PM. I really need to be asleep by 9:30 (5 AM rise tomorrow).

CJRT took off their legendary show "My Kind of Jazz" with Jeff Healey, the guy that had like 200k 78 albums of incredible early Jazz. I REALLY miss this show.

Last edited:
P9085788.jpg

BEYOND THE MISSOURI SKY
(short stories) by
Charlie Haden - double bass
Pat Metheny - guitar

Verve

Been Lazy Today.

Listened to all my Sunday recordings. 4 hours of "Nigh Train" @WLRN and 2 hours of "Legends of Jazz" with Ramsey Lewis @WDCB.

Now streaming @CJRT Toronto. Will just keep it here through Dinner Jazz that ends at 9 PM. I really need to be asleep by 9:30 (5 AM rise tomorrow).

CJRT took off their legendary show "My Kind of Jazz" with Jeff Healey, the guy that had like 200k 78 albums of incredible early Jazz. I REALLY miss this show.

It's a shame. I was ready for it, Jeff Healey show last Wed evening, and something else!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom