AK Retiree Club

Wow !! One pixel, my stock portfolio has been steadily rising, as least the last two quarters, or more !!
That's great!

Up until about two weeks ago my portfolio was doing great since last fall. Some of it's adjusting, some due to the trade wars and politics. I'm back to where I was in June.

Got a text from an old coworker friend while I was taking a break at the pier. He is still working as an IC at Verizon Wireless. He was getting a pen from the supply room and found this:
fullsizeoutput_894.jpeg
This is one of my old business card boxes from my PacTel Cell / AirTouch days (10 years). These boxes always made great desk drawer organizers. (I flipped the pic to make it easy to read.) I picked out that mobile number for my house account when cell phones were still analog. That was a really easy number to remember which was important when the new hot phone (Motorola MicroTac) only had a 10 number speed dial register. The crazy thing is I voluntarily left AirTouch in December of 2000 right before the Verizon joint venture started which was officially the end of the good old days in wireless.
Some how that box got from my desk to that supply room and has survived for 18 years.

I spent most of the day watching a real nasty hurricane on the online radar. All I can say is the great majority of those on the Wester Florida Gulf Coast were very lucky today, myself included. I have not yet seen the pic from the Panhandle yet, but I know they are going to be horrible.
I see you're not that far from the coast, how strong was the wind at your place?

I'm serious when I say West Coast Florida was lucky. The wind here was 8-10 mph at most and the rain amounted to less than a drizzle. It was just a gray day and was good for a nap around 4pm. We are most grateful in our household. My wife didn't even have to miss bingo tonight and I am cranking some Tony Rice, who is not a favorite of my wife.

Wow !! One pixel, my stock portfolio has been steadily rising, as least the last two quarters, or probably more !!
I leave my Financial adviser alone, and don`t ask him to change his running of my stock portfolio setup..
He ran my father`s portfolio for 10 years, prior to his demise, and my father was a "bean counter" for Southern Bell for 37 years(Inventory & cost engineer for most of those 37 years) with a degree from GA. TECH in business.
And after he passed in Oct. of 2007, unlike my two sisters, I readily turned over my 1/3rd portion of my $ 460,00.00inheritance back into my FA`s care to run it as he had impressed my anal bean counting, stock market monitoring father.

While my sisters took their "money" and put it in the bank..
Yes I took a small hit when the bubble burst in 2008, but I felt it would recover, and didn`t freak out by pulling the plug(cashing out).
And it has to now over currently ~ $ 800,000.00..

This(my) guy knows his stuff, so I don`t mess with him, at all, especially when the market fluctuate`s downward.

It`s not my pay check anyway, as I`ve been on a medical malpractice lawsuit annuity since 1986, and I have not drawn one penny since, I consider myself as, a steward of my father`s original stock market investment and, let it run as my guy see`s fit. .

I have some Apple stocks from 2003. With the splits it comes out to 14,035% Total gain. Overall it's at 260%. I bought more this year.

Stocks in just one year.
AMD is down considerably, but since last December it's at 141%
The pot stocks in two months is at 160%. It briefly peaked at over 400%.
The one that is killing me is JD.com it was up 30% in two weeks. Then the trade wars started. It's -44%.
Everything else is all over the map.

I'm doing alright and haven't touched a cent either. But you can't take it with you...

Tony Rice is a personal favorite of mine. I came across a video of a bluegrass festival a few years back. I had never heard of him and I was actually looking for Doc Watson. This festival video had both. I was greatly impressed with Tony's expertise on the guitar. The way he plays is how I wanted to play when I was in high school, but I did not have the natural talent. Any playing for me was stressed and lacking rhythm. I finally gave up in college.

This week was hurtful to my account also. I have learned to take a deep breath and work my plan. I leave emotions at the door.

I'm serious when I say West Coast Florida was lucky. The wind here was 8-10 mph at most and the rain amounted to less than a drizzle. It was just a gray day and was good for a nap around 4pm. We are most grateful in our household. My wife didn't even have to miss bingo tonight and I am cranking some Tony Rice, who is not a favorite of my wife.
I saw some news on Mexico Beach. It looked devastated. Glad you guys are safe.

Tony Rice is a personal favorite of mine. I came across a video of a bluegrass festival a few years back. I had never heard of him and I was actually looking for Doc Watson. This festival video had both. I was greatly impressed with Tony's expertise on the guitar. The way he plays is how I wanted to play when I was in high school, but I did not have the natural talent. Any playing for me was stressed and lacking rhythm. I finally gave up in college.

This week was hurtful to my account also. I have learned to take a deep breath and work my plan. I leave emotions at the door.

Do you have The Pizza Tapes?

Wednesday night is coffee night at Kean's in Newport with a couple of buddies. Steve brought his just completed CAV replica GT40 out last night. First time I've seen it outside his shop.
fullsizeoutput_896.jpeg

I love this intake setup. The Weber stacks are just handling air intake. Nicely concealed EFI handles the fuel metering.
72F5A427-EA9B-4708-AD23-890717ECF5FE.jpeg

Not all fun and games. View looking up at the house from the middle of the lower backyard. That stuff is waist high. Once that stuff is gone, I'm putting in a vegetable garden. I'm almost done with the upper backyard. The section between the upper and lower section is still a mess. I need to rebuild the stairs, which is overgrown. I topped off about 9 feet of the red flowering bougainvillea and trimmed the macadamia nut tree to the left. Still needs more trimming and I need to pick up thousands of nuts.

_CMY0669.jpg

OH Hell. I thought it was a picture of your pot stocks. Maui Wowie!
Next months election features a proposal to leagalize it here, they say it's gonna pass :dunno:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom