AK Retiree Club

Not all fun and games. View looking up at the house from the middle of the lower backyard. That stuff is waist high. Once that stuff is gone, I'm putting in a vegetable garden. I'm almost done with the upper backyard. ....still needs more trimming and I need to pick up thousands of nuts.

View attachment 1302673

Can't the falls be used for animal feed?

Pigs?

No local farmers who would gather the nuts in exchange for getting to keep them?

Was your land part of an orchard, or do macadamia trees grow wild?

Passport was 20 years out of date, so had to renew in person. Silly me, I figured I’d just walk in and be done with it. Lines out the door, they ran out of numbers, come back tomorrow! Screw that. Went online, nearest PO that accepts reservations was 45 mins south. Scheduled, drove down, no line, in and out in 15 mins. What a difference! Why the heck don’t they all take reservations?

Note to self: Don’t let your passport expire again, dumbass.

Can't the falls be used for animal feed?

Pigs?

No local farmers who would gather the nuts in exchange for getting to keep them?

Was your land part of an orchard, or do macadamia trees grow wild?
Currently getting to everything is quite a chore. It wasn't an orchard. My dad planted most of the plants. The macadamia tree was planted by the previous owners and most off the nuts have been on the ground for years, so it's not worth it.

Aside from dozens of bird of paradise, hibiscus and other ornamentals, there are also these that have provided fruit. Coconut, avocado, lemon, longan, lychee, pomegranate, Surinam cherry, date palm, loquat, cherimoya. The mango and mulberry came from grandma's house.

I planted papaya and pineapple so far. Starfruit, dragonfruit, tangerine, grapefruit, lime, banana and a vegetable/herb garden are next. :)

Overnight low here was 37 and there was a light frost. Suppose to be nice today though, 57 and sunny, looks like we're going for a bike ride and a picnic. Lions have a bye this week so I don't have to agonize over them, this week anyway!

As usual this time of year it will be back to back to back NFL today until about 8:30. Starting out great with our beloved Chargers well ahead at the half. BTW it’s the wife’s preference.

Had a early visit to the car dealer to check out a small problem. Now it's raining, AGAIN, so I thought it was a perfect time to listen to a CD I just picked up.
Crosby-Nash~Another Stoney Evening
Grateful Dead CD, 1971/1997

If you're a fan this is great stuff. Never released untill 97 on CD only. A few years back it did come out on vinyl on an obscure label

Got a Tommy Hilfiger $150 very heavy & super thick lined winter type hooded sweat shirt, more like a heavy winter jacket, at the GW for $6. Never seen any sweatshirt like this before. I think it's brand new - appears to be never worn. Just perfect.

Only one problem... I live in South Fla. lol. Probably why they got rid of it, it's cooking hot down here & the sweatshirt is cooking hot too. But for $6... I'll take it!! :)

Last edited:
Got a Tommy Hilfiger $150 very heavy & super thick lined winter type sweat shirt, more like a heavy winter jacket, at the GW for $6. Never seen any sweatshirt like this before. I think it's brand new - appears to be never worn. Just perfect.

Only one problem... I live in South Fla. lol. Probably why they got rid of it, it's cooking hot down here & the sweatshirt is cooking hot too. But for $6... I'll take it!! :)

Probably the right time of the year to flip it on the bay LOL

I got all my paint supplies for painting my oldest son's room (at college now).

Spent yesterday prepping and masking the room off. Today is paint day.

^ Have fun!. Me, I'm heading out for some fun putting stuff yard away. Gotta get at it before it gets colder. We hit the freezing mark last night with a light frost. Super windy and 47 today

Yesterday, missed going to the beach for a swim and run. Brown water warnings from runoffs due to heavy rains.

Been tiding up for my daughter's visit from NYC. Probably going full tourist mode when she gets here. It's fun.

Yesterday, missed going to the beach for a swim and run. Brown water warnings from runoffs due to heavy rains.

Been tiding up for my daughter's visit from NYC. Probably going full tourist mode when she gets here. It's fun.
Have you permanently moved there?

Back
Top Bottom