Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Regarding the C-2, have you tried a tube buffer to see if it changes the sound to your liking? I'm having tremendous results with a cheapo tube buffer (with upgraded tubes) in my system and can only recommend it.

Only thing tube I have oriented into the system was a preamp and a budgie phono pre. Never used a tube buffer, or thought about it. I’ll read up on it though.

New place and finally room to spread out...the NS-1000x's are sounding the best I've ever heard them.

View attachment 1288117

Well yet another vast improvement...I decided to re-level my rack today and figured, ah why not move the NS-1000x's to the outside...wow...even better! I guess they really prefer a wide road. My NSF-P901's (pictured) do well in virtually any position as do my NS-690's (either way you get a nice image) but the 1000x's can be challenging to get right (you finally get a nice discrete at this width).

1006181446.jpg

Playing with acoustic panels at the moment and how I want to set up the room. The rooms a little small, but it’s balancing out. Never realized how much treatment could improve something till I decide to do it.

Current setup sumiko blue point evo iii- vpi Classic- Yamaha c4- bozak n106b (bi amp)- yamaha m2 (bass)- Yamaha m4 (mids/tweets)- bozak cg’s.

The c-2 under the turn table I’m not impressed with. (Yes it’s been completely gone through) only thing that needs to see a tech is the m4.
View attachment 1294002

The C-4/M-2 combo is a slam dunk. The C-2 would likely prefer a B-2, B-2x or the M-85 type series. I tried my C-4 with my B-2x and didn't like it all...soundstage buried...moved it back to the B-5 and happy times again. For whatever reason they don't all mix well.

THE 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY for this thread is coming up on the 28th of this month. :beerchug:
Let's all post pics of our Yamaha gear for this special occasion, starting RIGHT NOW.
haha
(I would, but my CA-1010 is in the shop right now, and I'm veneering my YP-D6... pics soon)
:rockon:

The C-2 would likely prefer a B-2, B-2x or the M-85 type series
I'm not really very fond of the C-2 or the C-2a. And have my doubts on the C-2x as well. But haven't had the opportunity to play with one yet. C-4,C-80/85 , C-70 are my favorites. C-1's are kick ass when working correctly.

I'm not really very fond of the C-2 or the C-2a. And have my doubts on the C-2x as well. But haven't had the opportunity to play with one yet. C-4,C-80/85 , C-70 are my favorites. C-1's are kick ass when working correctly.

A C-2 is not in league with a C-2x and I have yet to hear a C-2a. I thoroughly enjoy my C-4 but again the C-2x is a superior device. What I briefly heard of my C-70 I liked. C-1 is on my bucket list.

A C-2 is not in league with a C-2x and I have yet to hear a C-2a. I thoroughly enjoy my C-4 but again the C-2x is a superior device. What I briefly heard of my C-70 I liked. C-1 is on my bucket list.
I sold my C-2a.I will most likely sell the C-2 as well.If a C-2x pops up for a very reasonable price..maybe.. No fricken way I'm going to pay the going price.

I sold my C-2a.I will most likely sell the C-2 as well.If a C-2x pops up for a very reasonable price..maybe.. No fricken way I'm going to pay the going price.

There have been more C-2x's sold online in the last year than I've ever seen. Many have gone for less than the going rate and less than I paid for mine.

There have been more C-2x's sold online in the last year than I've ever seen. Many have gone for less than the going rate and less than I paid for mine.
This would definitely need to be auditioned thoroughly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom