Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac

Other people making money performing material you wrote is no-bueno. Try it. It stinks. Seems kind of desperate to alienate the guy for what amounts to 2.5 mil a man...

Court could find in his favor if they determine that he retains rights to his material based on a concert being considered "musical composition synchronized with audio-visual works".

Also, is there a Lindsey Buckingham clone out there? The guy is a pretty unique player and singer.

Last edited:
Well, it's taking two guys to replace him and I'm not at all sure that'll be adequate. Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are perfectly competent, but I doubt they'll be able to replace the distinctive sound Buckingham has given the band since 1975.

Saw them all together a few years ago, very professional and delivered the goods every penny's worth plus. I wouldn't be interested in seeing them without LB from what we got then.
"You're okay with the generic, right?" "Uhhh, what do you mean?" "It's not the same. Cost you the same, but it's not as effective unless you believe it's as effective; in which case it actually is as effective, but not as good"...

Yup ... friction within the ranks is nothing new. Their best album was based on their current (then, not to be confused with current now) abrasive relationships ...

It's well documented that the members don't really get along. 12 mil seems cheap to bring him along.

I suppose that would depend on how flush the band is right now. Mick Fleetwood has admitted he's lost track of how many times he's declared bankruptcy ...

Yup ... friction within the ranks is nothing new. Their best album was based on their current (then, not to be confused with current now) abrasive relationships ...

I suppose that would depend on how flush the band is right now. Mick Fleetwood has admitted he's lost track of how many times he's declared bankruptcy ...

For me their best album happened before the Buckingham Nicks era. I have a lot of respect for Lindsey Buckingham as a musician. Can't really handle the Nicks voice or the Eagles-y vibe.

This will make the re-union impossible.

Never say never. Against all odds and decades of acrimony these guys got together for a good cause...and what a set it was! Granted, it wouldn't have happened without the persistence of a guy like Bob Geldof and his penchant for organizing benefit concerts.

IMO Gilmour stole the show. Watching him play and listening to that Stratocaster wail with emotion alongside the other estranged members of the post-Barrett Floyd one last time was worth the wait, at least to me.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, Fleetwood Mac's most memorable album was Kiln House. They got more successful after Buckingham/Nicks joined in 1975 but were Fleetwood Mac in name only.

They have been a soup opera almost from the beginning. Still, a great band through the various lineups, and turmoils.

-Dave

Never say never. Against all odds and decades of acrimony these guys got together for a good cause...and what a set it was! Granted, it wouldn't have happened without the persistence of a guy like Bob Geldof and his penchant for organizing benefit concerts.

IMO Gilmour stole the show. Watching him play and listening to that Stratocaster wail with emotion alongside the other estranged members of the post-Barrett Floyd one last time was worth the wait, at least to me.

HA,,, Best wedding band... ever!!

Back
Top Bottom