DAC with passive volume control

flo777

Are there are any usb DACs available with a passive preamplifier/volume control?
I'd like to run my tube amplifier with a passive preamp/dac combo.

Are there are any usb DACs available with a passive preamplifier/volume control?
I'd like to run my tube amplifier with a passive preamp/dac combo.

If you can find a beresford caiman MKII it has a passive volume control. It's a great dac and it also can be switched to line level output as well.

The newer version called the seg is buffered but the MKII is straight up passive. Wish I'd never sold mine!

Stanley, the owner of beresford is super helpful so you might be able to get an older version if he still had any left over.

The Benchmark DAC1/2/3 has dual digital and analog signal chains. This started with the DAC1 HGC, I believe. They're excellent DACs and I use a DAC1 HGC in one system with a DAC2 L in the other. I've moved on from other preamps because I can get all I need out the Benchmarks. Check their discountinued listing for factory refurbs - I saved a lot of $$ that way.

Cheers,

David

You could just pick up a small, passive switcher such as the Nobsound or Schiit. $60 and pair it with any dac you choose.

Back
Top Bottom